Data file won't open...crashes quicken

I was having problems with One Step Update not downloading my cloud-entered transactions, so I removed the sync connection to the web. Quicken immediately crashes. Tried getting back into quicken...it allows me to enter my data file password, but as it is loading the file, it crashes again. Tried rebooting the computer. Still crashes. Tried opening an old data file..still crashes. Tried "validate and repair". Quicken finishes. Try opening the data file again, and I get the quicken login window, so I enter my username and password, then it takes me to this screen (below), like I need to install quicken.

Best Answer

Answers

• whitenack
    whitenack Member ✭✭
    I was able to open the data file on another machine after installing quicken on it. I had to enter my login info a couple of times on different windows that popped up, which was weird, but it looks like things are OK on this other machine. I guess I will go back to the original machine and try again and if it still isn't working try uninstalling/reinstalling.
  • whitenack
    whitenack Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and getting the same error on the original machine. Looks like I will have to try QcleanUI.
  • whitenack
    whitenack Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much for the help GeoffG. The QcleanUI and reinstall finally got it working again. Now I have to get back to my original problem of trying to get the cloud sync to download...but I have created a new discussion for that.