Transaction entered in investment account does not show up in the holdings summary

A downloaded transaction entered into an investment account shows up correctly but the transaction does no show in the Holdings summary. The totals for the Cost Basis and Gain/Loss are jiberish. If the transaction is deleted and reentered manually, the same error occurs. If the Holding summary is set to show before the date of the transaction using the "As of" box, then the Holding summary reports correctly. Is there a workaround or a fix?

Best Answer

Answers

• QUSR_1984
    QUSR_1984 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion. I identified all the sell/buy transactions for the problem security back to the date when the error first occurred. I deleted these and reentered the sell/buy transaction in chronological order. That solved the problem. The Holding Summary now reports correctly.
  • QUSR_1984
    QUSR_1984 Member
    I have two checking accounts at the same financial institution. I want to pay bills from each count. How do I enable option to pay bills from the second account when the pull down in bill pay in Quicken gives option to pay from one account only?
    Tools / Online Payment List / highlight a payee and click on Pay tab at bottom of window / under Payment Information click on pulldown in box to right of Account to use. Only on account is displayed.
This discussion has been closed.