line by line balance Mac OS

Ive used Quicken for many years. Our needs now are for personal finance only. Yet, the line by line balance has disappeared. I would also like to revise and make more concise our category. I print out by category at end of year for accountant. I have no need for investment reports and all the many things you list below. At this point we use Quicken as a check book register.

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    When you say "the line by line balance has disappeared," do you mean the running balance in the Balance column of a register?

First, you must be sure you have selected an individual account in the left sidebar -- not one of the groups, like "Checking" or "Credit "Card" or "Banking".

Second, your register must be sorted in date order. (A running balance doesn't make sense if the transactions aren't in date order.) Click on the Date heading at the top of your register to sort it in date order. (If you prefer your transactions in the reverse order, click the Date heading again.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of QMac are you using?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: