Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

I haven't download from bank since April 2019 and now I can't

I've had a lot of illness in 20191, so my Quicken didn't get downloaded from banks since April 2019. I want to start using it again, but it's is no longer downloading from the last date in April. Is there a fix for that?

Best Answer

Answers

• jelusichjelusich Member ✭✭
    I've been ill over the last year and one of my accounts in Quicken hasn't been downloaded since late 2018, and I can't seem to get it to work when I try to download. I updated all my other accounts, but this one is the only one that hadn't been updated since 2018. How do I fix this? Do I delete it and reinstall it or what? I'm mostly concerned with getting the 2019 stuff in it for tax purposes this year. I can't do that until I get this issue fixed. All my other accounts updated fine, but this one through Wells Fargo was the only one I had this problem with. Most likely it was because I hadn't downloaded it since late 2018 and had just been looking at bank statements instead from the bank.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    You will not be able to update 1year+ from WF, the norm is 90 days. So in this case, I would suggest going to WF website directly and using the "Download to Quicken" option. You can specify the time period and I would break it into manageable chunks. You cannot reconcile one year at a time, so monthly or quarterly.
    Once you get Quicken up-to-date and if the update to WF still is not working, go into account settings and deactivate WF, then reactivate. Also, the banks have been rolling out additional security authorization. I know Citibank requires you to authenticate third-party (Quicken) aggregators to reestablish downloads. You may want to check with WF.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • jelusichjelusich Member ✭✭
    I found out today by calling their Quicken Department that you can actually download up to 18 months, but I had typed the wrong year in my original comment. I had not downloaded since April 2018. I also wanted copies of the original bank statements. I'm going to the WF in town tomorrow and get the bank statements that had passed that time period. You have to fill those months in manually acccording to who I talked to, and then after that, you should be able to download the next 18 months or less. You must pay for $5 for each statement though. In my case, that should be about $20. I don't like WF. I'm going to see if I can switch that account to another bank. I'm only the POA on it though, but I have banking authority to make changes to it. I'll be sure to check out that third party aggregators.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jelusich ,

Have you logged into your Bank's Website, activated Online Statements and downloaded PDF Copies of the Bank Statements, from which, if you wanted a Paper Copy, you could print out yourself?

That can save you money.