Display Filename on Password Error Dialog

When you try to open a file, if the password doesn't match, the error dialog does not say what file you are trying to open. At least that I can see.

Since I manage multiple files, I cannot tell if I have entered the wrong password, or I am not trying to open the file I intended (i.e. it is the last file I opened). Displaying the filename in the dialog would save the step of having to cancel and reselect the filename if I am trying to open the file I intended and just entered the wrong password.

Not a big deal...but hopefully, a simple change as well. Thanks...ctc
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch. I hadn't noticed this but you are right. You got my vote, don't forget to add yours, @Chuck Collins .
    And as long as the programmer is in this module, another minor thing has always bothered me: if the first attempt at the password fails, the dialog (now sans filename) should select the incorrect password. This would put it in pending-delete mode, so the user could just type over it without having to backspace or delete it.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still a good idea.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.