Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Error Sending QBP Payments

Comments

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    Able to connect to QBP , it downloaded two transactions, can't send new payments, just keep getting error while trying to update QBP but update screen closes out and does not even tell me what the error was. Report a problem does not let me send the logs or anything and says try again later.
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @drockmkaer . 

I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to experience issues and thank you for posting.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the Quicken Bill Pay reconnected and new transactions are downloading however, we should also be able to send payment instructions.

The two payments that aren't sending, were these created prior to the recent issues occurring with Quicken Bill Pay?

Or are they new payments, just created after re-establishing the connection?
    Are the payments to existing payees or new online payees? 

If you go to the Tools menu > One Step Update Summary option - are any error codes/messages listed in the summary screen?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    I just created the payment and tried to send it, it won't connect to send it. The payments that were made were downloaded after I paid them through the Intuit website a few days ago
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    No I get no messages at all
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    This is the one step update summary
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @drockmkaer .

Thank you for the screenshot.  May I ask, are you still using the 2017 version of Quicken Windows?

Or have you, by any chance, upgraded to the 2020 subscription version?

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your Help > About Quicken page (personal information redacted to protect your privacy please)?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    I was using 2017 but just upgraded to the 2020 version to see if that helps and I am trying to set it up right now.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Thank you and just to confirm, the posted screenshots above - are those from the 2017 or 2020 version?

Sarah
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    2017 version
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @drockmkaer .

Thank you again for confirming.  The reason I'm asking, to use Quicken Bill Pay in the subscription version of Quicken, you are required to apply for a new account with the Quicken Bill Pay service providers.

This process can take up to 10 business days or if additional documentation is needed, sometimes longer; leaving us with one of two options.

1. Continue with the 2020 version and wait for the new Bill Pay account to be approved and activated.

2. Uninstall the 2020 version, run the QCleanUI tool and then reinstall Quicken 2017 to continue troubleshooting the payments not sending.

If you'd like to continue troubleshooting, please let me know and I will reach out via private message to work with you further.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    WOW, had I known that I would not have even tried this. Why does it take 10 days ? Now it can't even find my account at QBP I am back to getting that same message.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @drockmkaer .

I've sent a private message to your inbox.  Please let me know if you do not receive it, or have any issues replying.

Thank you again,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.