Account List Editing Not Entirely working

When going to Account List, and clicking on Edit link for an account, sometimes the input of new information works, at other times, it doesn't change edited input. Something isn't quite right here.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    When Online Services are set up for a register, a number of the fields that appear on the General tab may not be modified.
  • Tim Dirks
    Tim Dirks Member ✭✭
    I don't get what you're saying. I'm talking about the Account List, and the input of data such as "Description" and "Financial Institution". None of the accounts I'm referring to are set up for online transactions, transfers, or payments. They are either credit card accounts or online savings accounts - as I said, not connected to any online debits, transfers, etc.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Tim Dirks said:
    I don't get what you're saying. I'm talking about the Account List, and the input of data such as "Description" and "Financial Institution". None of the accounts I'm referring to are set up for online transactions, transfers, or payments. They are either credit card accounts or online savings accounts - as I said, not connected to any online debits, transfers, etc.
    To edit the Description or Financial Institution of an account that appears on the Account List, select Edit.  The Account Details window should open to the General tab.  The Description field should be editable but the Financial Institution field may not be editable if the Online Services of the register are setup.  You may determine if the Online Services are setup for the register by selecting the Online Services tab on the Account Details window.
  • Tim Dirks
    Tim Dirks Member ✭✭
    The Online services for all my credit cards are NOT set up, so all the fields for each of those accounts should be editable, but they are not.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Tim Dirks said:
    The Online services for all my credit cards are NOT set up, so all the fields for each of those accounts should be editable, but they are not.

WHICH fields are not editable? 
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Tim Dirks
    Tim Dirks Member ✭✭
    For some reason or other, it will not change or save what I type into the Financial Institution box for my United Airlines VISA card. It seems to be the only one that just refuses to accept the changes I make.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Dirks said:
    For some reason or other, it will not change or save what I type into the Financial Institution box for my United Airlines VISA card. It seems to be the only one that just refuses to accept the changes I make.
    That is the expected behavior when the register has Online Services setup.  If you haven't already, I suggest you open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab in the Account Details window.  If you do not want the Online Service setup for the register, select Deactivate.
  • Tim Dirks
    Tim Dirks Member ✭✭
    I did as you said. Neither "Online Setup" nor "Online Bill Payment" are activated. Both have a button saying: "Set up now...", so I am baffled. There's got to be a bug somewhere that doesn't recognize the change I am attempting to make.
    Thanks for all your help. From the very start, I said that I am not set up for online bill pay or downloading of transactions for any of the ones I am trying to 'Edit' in the Account List window, that don't take my changes. I am only set up for one online transaction download (a brokerage account). The changes I wanted to make were for credit card accounts.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Dirks said:
    I did as you said. Neither "Online Setup" nor "Online Bill Payment" are activated. Both have a button saying: "Set up now...", so I am baffled. There's got to be a bug somewhere that doesn't recognize the change I am attempting to make.
    Thanks for all your help. From the very start, I said that I am not set up for online bill pay or downloading of transactions for any of the ones I am trying to 'Edit' in the Account List window, that don't take my changes. I am only set up for one online transaction download (a brokerage account). The changes I wanted to make were for credit card accounts.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

If the issue persists and you're only having the issue with the one register, I suggest you create a new register, moved the transactions from the original register, reset any reminders and memorized payees referencing the original register, delete the original register, and rename the new register.
  • Tim Dirks
    Tim Dirks Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. But one thing, how do you move a large number of transactions (in total) from one register to another? (It's a very large register).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Dirks said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. But one thing, how do you move a large number of transactions (in total) from one register to another? (It's a very large register).
    You may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts
  • Tim Dirks
    Tim Dirks Member ✭✭
    I tried the suggestion, and it went ok, until I realized that it somehow changed some of the account totals, so I went back to the recent backup and restored it. So things are back to normal, except that it still won't accept a description of the "Financial Institution" for my United Airlines CC. Thanks for all your help.