Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Remove completed items button disappearing

Since upgrading from Windows Quicken 2017 to Windows Quicken Subscription (Deluxe) in Dec 2019, the "button" or text to "Remove completed items" after accepting all downloaded transactions for a given account no longer appears at the bottom of the To Do list. Oddly, if I open a report the text does not show, but I can hover over where the text normally is (at the bottom of the list) and the cursor will change to a hand for a link. If I then click, it does remove the completed items form the list as it did with Quicken 2017. Occasionally when I have a report open, the text will reappear in the correct spot and function correctly, but I'm not able to recreate this consistently.

Comments

• rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    I have similar problems. Sometime "Remove completed Items" is there; sometimes it isn't.

When it is not there, if i click on "View Reminders", it flashes up for less than a second before the Reminders window appears. It also flashes up and disappears after I close the Reminders window.
  • clalesclales Member
    Playing around some more, I am able to get the text to appear consistently if I open a report, minimize or resize the main window, and then maximize the main window. If I close all of the report windows so that there are none open, the text disappears again. The primary issue still remains though- the text / button disappears unless I go through the process described here.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @clales & @rgumpertz,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• clalesclales Member
    I am running:

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R23.21 Build 27.1.23.21
    USA

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.535)
    edited January 14
    QWin HB&RP R23.21
    Win 10 Home V 1903 OS build 18362.535 (64-bit)

I've been observing these symptoms for quite a while now (perhaps 6 months?)

Quicken is running full screen on a 1920x1200 (not 1080) display. That display is one of several.
  • clalesclales Member
    My issue started when I upgraded from the latest version of Quicken 17 to Quicken subscription in early December 2019.

I'm running on dual screens at 1920x1080 (though Quicken is only ever on one screen). That said, the issue exists whether the window is maximized or not (other than when I utilize the workaround above).

One other, potentially related, issue I have noticed is that even when the Quicken window is maximized, clicking the absolute top of the screen or edge of the screen will "focus" whatever window is behind Quicken. In other words, when the Quicken window is maximized, there is still a 1 pixel wide gap along the top and side of the screen (the side of the screen that is at the edge of the dual screen desktop, not the side of the screen in the middle).
    The issue may have started for me too when I upgraded from Quicken 2016 to Quicken Subscription.
    This SEEMS to have been fixed in R24.11.
  • clalesclales Member
    Agreed. Seems to have been resolved in R24.11.
This discussion has been closed.