Quicken Home and Business 2017 DATASET Issues

I have QW H&B 2017 with Mondo release patch (R19) installed and I believe it is the latest version. When I open Quicken I see a pop-up which says that I cannot continue because I have "exceed the number of Datasets" and more language follows. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE apparently.

I would like to know if this will ever be solved? I can show a SAVED "CAPTURE" of this pop-up, that I created using WINDOWS 10 PRINT-SCREEN, to show here if needed.

I paid top dollar for this program long ago and I am not happy with this pop-up and I am also concerned about QW H&B 2017 reliability going forward.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    HI, Greg,

I did this right away and waited for CHAT and it took an hour. When they finally got on, they said that they were aware of it but NO WHERE ELSE do I see an answer popping up OTHER than to "contact SUPPORT."

This is apparently a non-operable Support function because I am not seeing this issue LISTED as a "known problem" even though CHAT SUPPORT claimed this. So, one hand is not working with the other.

NOW, is there a formal channel HERE in the community to make this a solvable case? I appreciate any support that works here. I am reading a lot of comments on SYNCING data, logging in and other issues that causes me concern. I have used Quicken since the DOS DAYS and this is a the very least distressing.

I DO NOT NEED ON-LINE BANKING, and I DO NOT NEED TO LOG INTO QUICKEN/HIG, or whatever they call themselves NOW, other than to update with MONDO PATCHES.

AM I THE ONLY PERSON HERE who has concerns? I DO NOT THINK SO, but support is NOT HELPING ME.

[edited for readability]
  • DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks, Greg_the_Geek:
     I want to be very clear:
     1) I do not use Quicken to SYNC data (such as Bank statements);
     2) I do not use MOBILE.
     3) I do NOT bank/pay Bills using Quicken access.

I AM NOT A LUDDITE, it is due to the fact that I use a VPN when I am on line>>>>I AM NORMALLY OFF-LINE when entering Transactions. I am in other words an "OFFLINE" user of Quicken.

I hope this makes it clear because I would guess that there are many "Legacy users" out here in the Quicken Community and elsewhere who do not have ACCESS to the internet continuously. I travel FULL TIME and use my Notebook in Airports without accessing the Internet and catch up my Travel expenses, as an example, in airport layovers.

Quicken has been the BEST AROUND for we legacy users. Thanks for listening.

[edited for readability]
  • DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am NOT SYNCING ANYTHING!!!

I have tried unsuccessfully to find a way to CUT OFF SYNCING, and ANY WEB CONNECTION ATTEMPTS. Every SINGLE TIME that I log in, it pops up that message and tells me that I cannot proceed to do ANYTHING such as entering transactions or whatever.

I am FROZEN out of a program that I paid over $100 for, back in 2017. I am simply wanting to use my program as I want, and that means NOT SYNCING, not logging in, not doing anything on-line other than to download updates.

THIS IS A TRAVESTY, the way the "NEW QUICKEN" is working which means becoming a "subscriber" to ON-LINE ONLY FUNCTIONALITY. WOW, after nearly 25 years of use, suddenly, this is the state of the Program.

I can understand why they are doing this and why the profits will be fantastic but this leaves we users in a lurch. It is a shameful turn of events.

[edited for readability]
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @DJJones

Thank you for taking the time to report this error message to the Community, although I apologize for the negative experience with Support and any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I took the liberty of reviewing the case details and chat transcript from the recent contact with Support and would also like to apologize for the incorrect information provided.

The "exceeded the number of datasets" error is an internal error that can occur when creating a new Quicken data file, after resetting the sync with the Quicken Cloud or if a new Quicken ID username has been created and does require assistance from the Quicken Support team to resolve as the solution involves making a change to your internal profile.

Unfortunately, this is not an error that can be resolved through the Community, but I have forwarded the case details to our Senior Leadership staff so they may be aware of the situation and will follow-up with the Agent as appropriate.

I have also requested that a member of our Support Team reach out to you via phone to assist with resolving this error and restoring access to your Quicken data file.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with the second Support Agent.

Thank you,

Sarah

• DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    I am elated and VERY hopeful to hear from you, Sarah! We will be out of the office until Monday and I am in Portugal which may well put me at least 5 hours ahead of USA time, depending on your Time zone. May we please schedule this for next week, after 10am PAC TIME, as we are also out part of the day on Monday, 13 Jan 2020.

AGAIN, THANKS so much for this support. We are definitely turning a corner here and my faith in Quicken support is not lost.

Regards,

DJ
  • DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Sarah, I did get a call to my "voice number" which is like Skype and the message did not record so I was unable to receive a call back name and number. Would you mind sending me an email with that information so that I might call them as I am 8 hours ahead of that Time Zone, which I believe is California. My email address is: [Email address removed. Send a PM with email address.]
  • DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    Can someone tell me how to Connect with Quicken Sarah by private message because I cannot seem to get a response with my private email displayed here. I want to find out how to get in touch with Quicken Support as she recommended. I am located overseas and my time zone was not compatible with the time that Quicken USA tried to call me. I simply need a number, which I believe I have (I have an incoming call) and I need to get the name of a person who can help me fix my Quicken 2017 DATASET Issues. Thanks to anyone for input. I cannot seem to find a "PRIVATE MESSAGE" link here. THE REPLY TO MY MESSAGE EARLIER SAID:

[Email address removed. Send a PM with email address.]

So, it seems that there is a PM function here but I cannot seem to locate even by clicking on "QUICKEN SARAH."
    Thanks, DJ
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @DJJones

I'm so sorry to hear that we were unable to connect with you via phone and thank you for letting me know.

I've sent you a PM with additional information, you should see a "1" in the mailbox icon at the very top of the website, click there to access the message.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.