USAA accounts not updating

I spent at least an hour on the phone a few months back to get USAA accounts to update. After exhaustive troubleshooting, the next day back to the same results.
MAC Quicken Premier 2020 5.13.3
What is the deal? I don't have time to sift through the 100+ threads on this topic. Is there a solution besides going to the USAA website directly and downloading manually?

Answers

• naperrossnaperross Member ✭✭
    I've been struggling with the same. Was on the phone with USAA last night ... they had to "escalate" the trouble call, so I'm waiting...
  • rmjryost95rmjryost95 Member ✭✭
    My trouble call was with Quicken not USAA. I’m more inclined to believe this a Q problem. Interested to hear what you find out from USAA.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask if you are using "Direct Connect" to set up the account for download.

This can be found by selecting the USAA option below and choosing "OPTIONS"

Then selecting "Direct Connect" while this does state that some banks will charge a fee, USAA offers Direct Connect for free.

This will require the USAA member number and PIN for the account.

Please let me know if this works to correct the issue, or if this is the method being used and you are still unable to connect.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Yes. I am connected via Direct Connect using USAA# and PIN.
    Phone T/S with Quicken had me several detailed steps that I don't care to elaborate on. Most recently I tried deactivating all USAA downloads, quit, restart Quicken and activate downloads. This worked for ONE time only.
    Hello @rmjryost95

Thank you for providing more details.

May I ask that you navigate to Window > Account Status, do you see any error messages listed here?

What date is shown in the "Last Update" column?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    No error messages. 1/1/2020 for USAA accounts.
    All other accounts show 1/7/2020
    Thank you for providing the dates and more info!

Please try this, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.

There will be a blue "Reset" button click on this to reset the Quicken Cloud.

Once this reset has completed, please see if there are any error messages or if the updated date changes to today's date.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    I've done this already. It doesn't work, but I'll try again.
    Reset complete. USAA accounts still show 1/1/2020
    Latest attempt to update. Received the following error message.
    Hello @rmjryost95

Thank you for the response and for providing a screenshot.

May I ask that you select the Mac Apple > System Prefrences> Security & Privacy.

Then, can you confirm if the Firewall is On or Off? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Firewall is OFF
  • ThNorthThNorth Member
    I use a Macintosh MacBook running OS 10.15.2 and Quicken v5.13.3. USAA Federal Savings, a bank with which I have several accounts, instituted a further security feature about 2-3 months ago, and since then, I have been unable to download any information into my Quicken.

To log into the website, USAA requires your Online ID, password, a standing PIN number, and now a six-digit security code generated by a new feature in the mobile application which presents a new code every 30 seconds (similar to the RSA random number generator keys I use at work.) I suspect this new feature is preventing USAA customer using Quicken software since, after having researched the problem, I do not see any evidence of Quicken addressing the issue. USAA cannot be the only institution using this type of added feature, so is there a work-around or an outright solution to the problem?

My thanks in advance.
  • ronwalterronwalter Member
    I've not experienced the problem you describe and I have a number of USAA accounts - checking, credit, and investment. My version of Quicken is Year 2020, Version R23.21 and I'm running on Windows 10.

My GUESS is that the problem you are experiencing is not with two-factor authentication, but I don't have any suggestion to help, sorry.
  • naperrossnaperross Member ✭✭
    Thanks for all the tips and tries. I'm still stuck in the same place, but on a PC not a Mac. I've been on the phone with USAA, and they currently stumped, too.
    edited January 18
    I had it work yesterday, but today, no dice. Don't know what I did different.
  • Ross DillonRoss Dillon Member ✭✭
    I had a similar issue several years ago where none of my USAA accounts would download. I deactivated then reactivated them. All but one had worked every since...one refuses to budge. I've had to do a manual download on that one every since. Very annoying.