Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot merge changes error

I am getting repeated "cannot merge changes" errors, and my data file is getting corrupted. I've had to restore from a backup 4 times in the last two months. There was a thread about this topic, but it says it was merged with something else and I can't find an answer.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @davisst More information is needed to offer any possible ideas. What version of Quicken are you using? What version of macOS? What exactly are you doing when the error message comes up?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • davisst
    davisst Member
    The problem appears to have been a corruption on the Quicken Web side. Not sure how the file was corrupted there, but when it would sync with my desktop it recorrupted the desktop. Using the option to reset the online services under quicken preferences menu cleared it up. No way I would have found that on my own. Finally resorted to chat with quicken support.
  • Bob27
    Bob27 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I called Quicken customer support. They had me log out of Quicken (from the menu bar Quicken > Sign Out ...) and the quit Quicken. They then had me reopen Quicken and log back in. Problem solved!
This discussion has been closed.