online holdings don't match register view

The online holdings shown in tools/online center show that I own 4000 shares of XXX. If I look at the holdings in that account, I see dividend reinvestments, but not the original purchase...shows 32 shares. When I check the online center holdings to the portfolio...it says they match!!!! Looking at the portfolio detail and sorting by name, I only see the reinvestments. I have run a file validate and repair and it finds no errors in the file. The dollar amounts are correct but my cash was never debited for the original purchase so the cash amount is much too high.....instead of that amount being shown as holdings in xxx.

Quicken 2017...updates all installed.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that there's a Placeholder transaction in your register "hiding" that original purchase transaction?

About Placeholders (Quicken Windows)

"N/A" in certain fields of an investment transaction indicates that you have Placeholder transactions in your account that need to be deleted and replaced with the correct Buy / Sell / etc. transaction that should have been recorded here.
    For more about Placeholders please go into Quicken Help (press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken) and perform a Contents search for "placeholder".
    Alternatively or in addition to the above, read the first few articles found here: https://www.quicken.com/support/search/placeholder

This discussion has been closed.