check printing help

I have used quicken for years. My last version was 2013. When printing checks about one in ten checks has printed over the signature line "11/12 Food". Not something I have ever written. I just upgraded to Quicken Subscription for Windows. Now it is printing "11/12 Food" on every check. Can someone tell me how to make this go away?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brute force way would be Edit > Preferences > Write Checks and un-check the preference "Allow entry of extra message on check."
    But that will prevent you from using the extra message.
    I'll assume you have data corruption. Many of us do.
    When upgrading a big distance like from 2013 to 2020, Quicken must convert an old data format to the new one. I always recommend doing a File > File Operations > Copy followed by a File > File Operations > Validate & Repair on the data file in the old version before upgrading. This gives the converter a nice clean data file to work with.
    If you could possibly reinstall QW2013, update it to the latest patch version, and perform those operations, you might avoid the data corruption during conversion to the current subscription version.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.