Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Web App Defect Report

There is an error displaying budgets on the Quicken Web App dashboard, when the app is first loaded in the browser.

When you first log in to app.quicken.com, on the dashboard, the budget summary widget will display "No data / It looks like you don't have a budget set up". This is wrong. Happens on macOS / Safari, macOS / Chrome, and Windows 10 / Firefox.

The workaround is to display the full "Budgets" view, by clicking on the left hand side navigation bar. Then the next time you return to the dashboard it will properly display a budget summary.

(And no, resetting all the cloud data does not fix this! This is an initial load / rendering defect.)

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 2020
    Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with your the budget display on the Quicken Web App, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Upon attempting to replicate this issue, it appears my budget is displaying properly when first launching the Quicken Web App.

I suggest clearing the cache and cookies of the web browser(s) that you're using to access the Quicken Web App.

After this process is completed, close the browser and then perform a reboot of your computer. Once rebooted, relaunch the Quicken Web App once again.

Please post back to let us know if these steps resolve the budget display issue for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I don't really need a formal response, as I have a workaround for the defect, and it's hardly a show stopper. But since you asked, I'm running the latest released build of Quicken Canada Deluxe, Version R22.15, Build 27.1.22.15.

The reason I told you that it fails the same way in three different browsers was to illustrate that this is not a cache issue. But since you asked, and since Microsoft Edge (Windows, Chromium version) was released just this week, I tried it there - a 4th browser, a brand new install with an empty cache. Same failure.

So there may be something about my Quicken data (size, complexity, whatever) that is triggering the initial load failure versus you not seeing the problem with your test data.
  • Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    FWIW between the latest releases of the Web app, and desktop Windows Quicken Canada, this defect has been fixed (for me at least).
This discussion has been closed.