Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

why is "reconcile account" greyed out?

I'm a long-time Quicken user(Mac) , but I just use it to track my savings and checking accounts manually - no downloading, no linking to banks, etc. When I went in this morning to reconcile my checking account, the account function was greyed-out - there didn't seem to be any way to get to it. Also, my main checking account was just listed under "banking" - no separate title. I had some old accounts still listed, and they seem to be able to be reconciled (but I don't need to do that). How do I restore the reconcile function, or transfer/rename the main account so it can be reconciled?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The Reconcile option is only available when you have an actual account selected in the sidebar. It will be grayed out when you have an Account grouping selected (Banking, Investing, Credit Card, etc.)

It sounds like you might have collapsed the account grouping. While you can toggle each heading to expand/collaps the grouping, I suggest you simply click on the ellipsis (three dots) at the top of the sidebar and choose to Expand All Sidebar Groups. Then, you will be able to select your desired account to reconcile.