Home Quicken for Mac Download, Add/Update Accounts (Mac)

I can't add a Bank of America Account

This discussion was created from comments split from: Account setup @ Bank of America fails....

Comments

• mdrakemdrake Member
    I am having the same problem Quicken for MAC subscription. I can't add a Bank of America Account. I get the same error message mentioned above. when I start to create a new account, I don't get the option to change the type of connection, as it immediately takes me to the window to pick my financial institution...
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 12
    Hello @mdrake,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with connecting to Bank of America in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Is this the first time adding this account to Quicken? Or is this an existing Quicken account that you are now attempting to link for automatic transaction downloads?

When going through the account setup process, you can change the Connection Type by clicking Options at the bottom right of the Add Account window, while having the correct bank highlighted in the bank list. 

You should then see a window that allows you to select/change the Connection Type:

Let us know if this displays properly for you, or if changing the Connection Type allows you to successfully link to Bank of America.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie