Bill Reminders/Scheduled Transactions Alerts and sync with iCal/Reminders

jmine83
jmine83 Member ✭✭✭
I want to be able to set a calendar type reminder or alert that will notify me when my promotional period of a credit card is about to expire and when.
(and sync with iCal/Reminders in macOS / iOS)

Thus, to avoid costly credit card interest charges, I can schedule a balance transfer from one credit card to another. For bonus points, be able to correctly report what amount the balance transfer should be for to avoid interest charges.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can simply enter a scheduled transaction NOW and type whatever you want. Better yet, create the transfer as a scheduled transaction with the end date, then monitor it in the list of scheduled transactions. And if you monitor your bank account balance on the scheduled transactions graph, you would see a dip on that day, giving you a visual reminder. That is what I have done for over 15 yrs and it has worked quite well.

Otherwise, what you may REALLY be asking for is an Alert/Alarm system that notifies you when this will happen. In that case, for now, enter it on your Mac Calendar as a reminder. Would be nice to create that reminder from within Quicken onto the Mac calendar (QMac used to have that feature).

As for the last part for bonus points, I can tell you that there are too many rules to figure out the exact amount. I know.... I have a spreadsheet I created to do exactly that for dozens of different offers and I can tell you it is VERY complicated...and it is never accurate (because there are too many nuanced rules that differ from bank to bank). So you are VERY unlikely to ever see this implemented.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • jmine83
    jmine83 Member ✭✭✭
    @smayer97 Thank you for your comment. It's at least nice to know I'm not the only one that has to fall back on spreadsheets for whatever Quicken isn't able to do; particularly for balance transfers in this case. There are several more ideas I posted that are more important to me than this one.

Nonetheless, consistent with what you already described, yes I already utilize scheduled transactions to at least see when a balance transfer is about to expire. As for the reminder part, true I already use the Reminders app in macOS and iOS for over dozens of different types of reminders, but it would be nice if in Quicken directly it has its own reminders to alert me to financial specific events such as a balance transfer expiring.
  • smayer97
    Ok, so I have tweaked the title and description to better reflect the broader application.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

(Canadian
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
  • smayer97
    Still a useful idea to have sync to the calendar so notifications can occur even if Quicken is not open.

(Canadian