Home inventory

I have Quicken 2019, R 22.15, Built 27.1.22.15 Canada
Home inventory crash every time i want to opn an item already in the inventory.

Comments

• jl747jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this post. Hope it fixes your problem.
    You want to do the following too.
    After you do what was instructed and before you reopen Quicken reboot computer and then open Quicken.
    Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • jeanlucparejeanlucpare Member
    Thank you but it still crash as soon i try to open an item, home inventory close and i return to quicken. Records work good.
    I am using Quicken 2019 , home & business canadian version 27.1.22.15
    edited January 14
    If this is happening with Quicken open try this.
    Look for the QHI.exe and create a Desktop shortcut.
    Once you have done this click on that shortcut and see if it opens.
    Please note that this is a Legacy module and probably will not be updated or fixed in the future.
    Before the shortcut option
    Temporary disable any antivirus and firewall to see they are causing the problem. Now try QHI. If so you may have to white list the QHI.exe for it to work.
    One other thing you can try before the shortcut option is to download the last Canadian Mondo patch from here
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Install patch with Quicken closed. Do not open right a way. Reboot computer and then try again.
    If you do need a Home Inventory program I also run a program called Attic Manager.
    It will read the QHI file and import the data to the new program.
    You will have to do some house cleaning after the conversion.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Thank you for trying helping me. I did all that and same thing apened every time
    sorry JLP
    Emergency Records Organizer works good.
    Home inventory.exe and Emergency Records Organizer.exe are no more available in quicken program file in my disk 'C'.
    I reinstalled Quicken and still not there and there still not there.
    It sounds like you did not install Quicken Home Inventory.
    You can also look for the QuickenHomeInventory.exe
    It is located on my Windows 10 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken
    When you do find it do a Right click to open Properties and make it Windows 7 compatible. This will or should add the missing exe. You can make the missing QHI.exe compatible with Windows 7.
    Just make sure you do this with Quicken closed.
    Now try to open Home Inventory in Quicken.
    You can also so what was stated about about creating a shortcut to see if works that way.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Thank you so much for your help, nothing works.
    See the attach file below, may me i can try this but i am afraid !
    I cant find it in quicken store
    Do not know or why you getting this message. Try again to uninstall Quicken using  QClean you can find instructions and download here.
    Before you do this make sure you save your data files. Also always a good idea is make sure also make a second copy of both your Qdata.qdb and QHI.IDB files and put it somewhere will it will not lost.
    After using the QClean look for any remaining files and delete them
    Now reinstall Quicken and all updates.
    You may have to contact support at

Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • Craig789Craig789 Member ✭✭
    Home Inventory Work-Around

I am currently using Quicken 2020 R24.11 Windows 10. I can open the inventory file in Q2020, I can print reports, but when I search for something it will find it, but when I select the item for view, I am disconnected from Home Inventory. Needless to say, I cannot add any new items to the inventory file.
    My work-around is as follows:
    I have an old Windows XP computer and on it have several versions of Quicken, Quicken 99, Quicken 2004 (Free download for recovering old data files and bringing them up to current Quicken versions).
    1 I copy the QHI.IDB file to a flash drive, load it into the XP in the Program Folder under Quicken on the XP and open the file with Quicken Home Inventory.
    2 I add/update item(s) and save it in the XP PC and then overwrite the file on the UBS drive.
    3 I move the drive back to the PC containing Quicken 2020, and overlay the original QHI.IDB file.
    4 I open Quicken 2020 and then open the Inventory and upload to Quicken 2020.
    5 The last step, I select a Report (Detail) and select print to file. When the prompt box opens, I select a printer (Microsoft XP Writer, which is a free download from Microsoft), select all file types, and type in the name of the file adding .XPS to the file name. Then I save it.
    6 I then open it to make sure it is readable. If it is not readable, it has probably been saved ad a .PDF which is unreadable, so repeat step 5, using .XPS as the document type.
    7 Once opened, the Search function can be used to check out the item(s) you added.
    I know this is a hassle, but it has kept my inventories alive. I have two, one house, one cabin.

I wonder if an old version of Quicken like Quicken 99 or 2004 could be added to my Desktop in the Program Files folder (not the Program Files(x86) folder. One would have to be careful which program file to use when updating the inventory. I have thought of trying this, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
    If you’re curious why I have an old XP pc: 3 reasons
    1 Inventory program
    2 It has a fire-wire input for a video camera I have
    3 It has a File Compare program I love that is no longer available anywhere else
  • Craig789Craig789 Member ✭✭
    Oops. I am using the USA version of Quicken 2020. I just noticed the all things Canada comment.