CC-502 Error with Citibank

For at least 3 months now, One Step Update does not work. I have a number of accounts (savings, checking and cc) with Citibank. One Step Update routinely fails, returning a CC-502 error. When I try to manually update using the gear + Update Now, I usually get the same error message. I have to try account by account until it works with one of the accounts (and then it updates all of the accounts). This is very frustrating.
PS: I've tried re-setting each of the accounts, one by one, and I still get the same error.
PPS: I've also de-activated and re-activated the accounts (which is much more cumbersome because it involves getting rid of duplicate transactions), and I still get the same error.
Tagged:

Comments

• PPPS: I'm using Quicken Premier 2020, Release 23.21, Build 27.1.23.21
  • bartllambertbartllambert Member ✭✭
    I have the EXACT same issue with a citi credit card, checking and savings account for the same period of time. Why isn't this being actively pursued by Quicken?
  • LexLuthorLexLuthor Member ✭✭
    Same problem here with constant CC-502 errors with Citibank. I find that I have to deactivate and reactivate the accounts almost daily. This is ongoing for months. Why can't this be fixed?!
  • 011ver011ver Member ✭✭
    A "me too" for the Citibank CC-502 errors - they went away for about a week, but they are back as others have described above.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

There is an ongoing alert for Citibank, users are reporting CC-502/505 error.

To be notified of any updates or changes please follow the link below and bookmark the conversation using the gold star in the top right.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866346/ongoing-1-15-20-1-4-2020-citibank-branded-cards-receiving-a-cc-502-505-error#latest

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • MarkTwainMarkTwain Member ✭✭
    I understand that there is an ongoing issue with this problem, but it had been working for a few days and then stopped. The solution posted by Natalie did not work; however, exiting and restarting Quicken, and then only updating Citibank allowed me to download my accounts. However, as you can imagine, it is annoying to have have to update Citibank separately, and I hope that the problem can be corrected soon.
  • Ajoy MallikAjoy Mallik Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Eventually by 2/3/4 try it connects and downloads but (removed) ive had this from November last year, some days no problems, other days the same problem. Is there an impasse on this? Citicards works fine. Citi Private works fine.....I just don't get this
  • chibsrchibsr Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same issue. I have multiple Citibank accounts under the same login and I can't seem to get them to download. It's the only bank that I seem to have a consistent issue with. I'm now on mac but it happened in windows as well.
  • I tried the solution posted there. It did not work.
  • Frank LindeFrank Linde Member ✭✭
    I am also still having this issue.
    Looking forward to a resolution soon !
    Hello @Ajoy Mallik and @chibsr

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

There currently is an ongoing alert for Citibank and Citi store-branded cards.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If you would like to be automatically notified of any updates regarding this issue, please "bookmark" the Alert above by clicking the yellow star in the upper right corner.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • chibsrchibsr Member ✭✭
    @quiken_tyka I have followed the steps, but the error at this point is just annoying and slows me down. This isn't the first issue I've had with Citibank and Quicken.
  • Bob UhlBob Uhl Member ✭✭
    For several months I have been having this exact same issue. I have tried everything that has been suggested here. And I would not recommend Deactivating & Reactivating the account. I did this twice, each time I ended up cleaning up over 100 duplicate transactions.
  • rsohnrsohn Member ✭✭
    I'm a new victim of this bug as of January 31. Things were working fine until then.
  • Tony FongTony Fong Member ✭✭
    I started to get the CC-502 errors with my Citi accounts last week. Here's how I was able to get rid of them. I had already granted access to Intuit at citi.com. I removed that access and granted access again. It's been a day and several updates and all is working fine again.
  • douglitkedouglitke Member ✭✭
    edited February 7
    Quicken Premier 2017 hangs when I follow the instructions on the above message thread. (I don't have permissions to comment to the thread directly). Only way to recover is using task manager to end Quicken task
  • AlokeAloke Member ✭✭
    Yeah. Tells me to ask here :smiley:

"When receiving a CC-502 error, we recommend to first check the Quicken Community for alerts on widespread issues."

I'm getting this with Citi Cards.
    Hello @Aloke

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

There is currently an ongoing alert for Citi that can be located here.

To locate the alerts on the Community from the home page, click on "Categories."

Then choose Alerts, I would also recommend checking Announcements, as well as Known Product Issues.

If you would like to be automatically notified of any updates regarding this issue, please navigate to the link above (Blue Here) and "bookmark" the Alert by clicking the yellow star in the upper right corner.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    @Tony Fong:  I thought of doing this myself but never tried, now that I saw your post I decided to give it a try.  I removed access and re-registered the app with Citi today.

I'll post back after a few days with the results.

This issue has been going on for a month now and all I've seen from Quicken is an updated post that it's still ongoing with no ETA.  Can anyone provide some explanation as to what the issue with Citi is?
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • snowmpsnowmp Member
    I haven't had that problem (I use Quicken 2018), but I can tell everyone at least one thing NOT to try. Do NOT try deleting and re-adding the account information within Quicken. I tried this thinking it might get the Citibank "Manage Desktop Apps" system to recognize Quicken. It is a royal pain to have to go into their web site and activate this every time you wish to sync your credit card (which is the current state to the best of my knowledge). All deleting and re-adding my account information did is to download three months worth of existing, reconciled transactions... which then had to be deleted in the "Accept cleared transactions into register" window... one by one... right-click, Delete Transaction, Yes... over and over and over... :(
  • XanderXander Member ✭✭
    I added a new account to my profile, and went through the steps to correct the 502 error once. it worked. the next day it returned. repeating the steps gets me to a screen in One-step-update where Quicken tells me Citi cards needs more information and asks me to enter the "word" in the "image below." I tried over a dozen different images, and none of them look anywhere close to words to me. any ideas or suggestions are welcome! thanks.
  • user45617user45617 Member ✭✭
    The same story. Received CC-502 multiple times, trying over and over, and finally it succeeded (after the 5th attempt, or so). During the connection attempts I was monitoring the status under Citibank Profile -> "Manage Your Desktop Apps" , and saw the Last Access Time being updated, so the Quicken App was/is being recognized:

No. Product Registered Date Time Last Access Time
    Quicken Windows 2018 09/06/2019 10:26 am 02/08/2020 07:55 am
  • user45617user45617 Member ✭✭
    Errors from my connection log:
    --- cut ---
    20200208 07:55:24: Error CC-102 ---- [Getting account status for Checking - Citi XXX]: *** Error occurred during account aggregation for [Checking - Citi XXX] ***
    20200208 07:55:24: Error CC-102 ---- [Getting account status for Checking - Citi XXX]: *** Error Mapped to 502 ***
    [...]
    20200208 07:55:28: QFN: Beginning get from http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/download/qciti.ini
    20200208 07:55:29: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305876
    20200208 07:55:29: We’re sorry, but the application could not find an item on the server that it needs. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20200208 07:55:29: QFN: End get from http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/download/qciti.ini, netstatus 15
    --- cut ---
  • David KesslerDavid Kessler Member ✭✭
    edited February 8
    I had this problem months ago and it finally went away. It's come back recently. I'd like to know how to register a complaint with Quicken about:
    1) their inaction on this issue over an extended period of time.
    2) the fact that their support people seem to send people on time consuming, frustrating non-solutions even though people here have told them that what they're asking users to do does not work!
  • mindpilotmindpilot Member ✭✭
    Having a similar issue with Costco Citi card. Went through the steps on Citibank's website to allow access to Quicken, but when trying to re-activate, the error is "Sorry we encountered an error (It's not your fault)". That's it no code, no indication at all what that error might be caused by.
  • John ChaseJohn Chase Member
    I'm having the same issue - it didn't work, then it worked for a few days, and as of yesterday it stopped working
  • John ChaseJohn Chase Member
    I have the same issue as of today -

My experience was that right after the last upgrade I started to receive the CC-502 errors for Citibank downloads. Then it worked for a few days. Then it stopped working again as of yesterday
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately re-registering the app with Citi, as suggested by Tony Fong, did not resolve the issue, same problem today.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • RayRay Member ✭✭
    I am absolutely frustrated with Citibank's inability to download to Quicken. For YEARS, I've had CC-502, 505, 601 and cloud sync errors for downloads from CItibank but rarely any issue from Schwab, VISA, Barclays or PayPal.

I have my mother-in-law's data file with one Citibank account and my own with 3 Citibank logins (personal, Costco and American Airlines). I'm now getting CC-505 on 4 of these 5 logins. What currently works in the procedure at

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866346/ongoing-1-15-20-1-4-2020-citibank-branded-cards-receiving-a-cc-502-505-error#latest

But, I have to log into Citibank to authorize access by Quicken every time. After authorizing, the website does no show any apps being authorized.

I would hope that Quicken will work with Citibank to get access permanently fixed.
  • LouQuickLouQuick Member
    I also continue to have constant problems. I do not even have the option in my Citibank website to "Manage Apps" anymore. There is not even the option to try and make it work. Agree, hopefully this will be resolved someday.