Please Truly Stop Ads in Quicken 2017, Don't Close Discussions

tcroots78tcroots78 Member ✭✭
edited January 16 in Product Enhancements (Mac)
Created a thread because it was not done, and it was closed by Quicken_Natalie

I just talked with Jorge in support and these ads have only been stopped if one upgrades to 2020, which is a solution that asks us to do what we don't want to do.

We have paid for a product and do not want further offers from Quicken, which most companies offer when people ask to unsubscribe. This needs to be implemented in all versions.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7851957/don-t-pop-up-advertisements-to-paying-customers-52-merged-votes-edited/p1
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• tcroots78tcroots78 Member ✭✭
    To me, most companies I know allow their customers to opt out of ads. I'm thinking this is even are legal requirement to do.
    I'm not getting emails, I'm getting alerts in the program. I am speaking with Jorge in Customer Support now and he has informed me that this is only fixed in 2020.

I asked for a supervisor 20 minutes ago. He said one is not available and he just put me on hold again after I asked several times for a call back.
    Yes, I confirmed with Jorge that the link you provided shows a tab called "Messages and Offers" and this is only in 2020.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea was implemented so what's the problem?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    They have only implemented in 2020 (which is not an issue as that's the newest and has no upgrade message). Older versions, which is what everyone is asking for have not been fixed.

So, they solved nothing.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tcroots78 said:
    They have only implemented in 2020 (which is not an issue as that's the newest and has no upgrade message). Older versions, which is what everyone is asking for have not been fixed.

So, they solved nothing.

HEY, if you want the new features, you need to buy the new product. QED!
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    Situation: Quicken Asks me if I want to upgrade? Continually. Most times I open Quicken.

Possible Solution: I pay for upgrade and message go away
    Note: Previously Quicken (I believe in this version) gave option for checkbox of, I don't want to upgrade. Quicken chose to take this away.

Problem: I am perfectly happy with existing Quicken and upgrade every few years.

Quicken's Solution: we fixed it...in the latest version...feel free to choose to pay to upgrade?

So...I (and many others) can solve it by doing exactly what we were trying to avoid? And if we don't Quicken will spam us? Seems the original problem is still there.