Accounts not supported by Quicken

I have three accounts that I cannot connect to Quicken, requiring me to make manual entries. To make matters worse one is a Canadian bank that reports in Canadian dollars, necessitating laborious currency factoring to keep my net worth in USD. Two are Fortune 500 companies and the third is the 25th largest bank in the world so I find it difficult to understand why these institutions cannot support Quicken

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't do much to help if you won't name these companies, and the types of accounts that you want to connect them to in Q.
    And, with VERY few exceptions, Q US can only connect to US accounts and Q CDA can only connect to CDN accounts.
    Lastly, what Q product and what BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • fibncfibnc Member
    Sorry, it is Q2020, build 27.1.23.21. The accounts are for stocks with Duke Energy (DUK), AT&T (T, through Computershare US), and Royal Bank of Canada (R, through Computershare Canada). With the RBC, not only do I have to enter the quarterly data but I also must manually convert from Canadian to US dollars. If I could get the first two to link, that would be a help. Thanks for the assistance.
    OK, ComputerShare DOES appear to support Q ... but ONLY for their own employees:
    Computershare Employee Plan Login    http://www.computershare.com/ca-en/Pages/default.aspx    NA    https://www-us.computershare.com/employee/login/selectcompany.aspx?cc=ca&lang=en&bhjs=1&fla=1&theme=cpu    ACTIVE                   BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT
    Complain to them about your inability to connect that account with Quicken.
    OR, switch to another brokerage.
    re: the RBC account, sorry but that's just the way it is.  RBC US works with Q US, but I'm not aware of any way to get RBC Canada to work with Q US.

• fibncfibnc Member
    I'll contact Computershare US concerning the AT&T, as well as seeing if they can offer any help with Computershare Canada for the RBC. Changing brokerages is not an option; Computershare is a global transfer agent and has exclusive links with a host of companies, including these. Great service, but it makes tracking with Quicken laborious. Duke, on the other hand, just doesn't want to assist the share holders I guess, despite being the largest energy company in the US. Thanks for your assistance.
    Are these in a 401k type account.  Is that why you can't switch to a Q-Friendly brokerage?
    Because ALL of the major brokerages are Global, including Merrill Lynch, Fidelity, Vanguard, etc.