Quicken 2017 crashing when when typing in data file password

This discussion was created from comments split from: Why is the app crashing after opening?.

Comments

• CowboyNavCowboyNav Member
    I'm having a similar issue on Windows, Quicken 2017. Does Quicken even open or does it crash once you type in the Data File password? Mine is the latter.
    Working w/Customer Support on Chat, I had to restore from a Backup File that was over 2 months old! Validate and Repair on the most recent Files found no errors but restoring them was unsuccessful. Wondering it the latest One Step Update problem ended up corrupting the data files beyond repair. Not good. If Quicken opens but crashes when it tries to open a File, recommend trying to open/restore a Backup File.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @CowboyNav,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a QcleanUI to make sure that Quicken is installed correctly on your PC. The steps to do so are available here.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie 
    -Quicken Natalie