Issue with one-step updates of stock quotes

For years I have been using one-step update to update stock quotes. Some time last year it stopped working. I have called the help desk about 5 times with no resolution. When I hit the one-stop choice I ask it to update the quotes. In the past it comes back with something like 20 of 30 updated. Now it always says "1 quotes and investment headlines updated". Also probably related, when I enter a new stock, when it goes out to get the particulars about that stock it comes back with connection error "Quicken not get the proper response from the server. Try again or enter manually". I am running at this point deluxe 2020 R23.21. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!!!

Answers

• Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Have you checked your security list to ensure that each security you want a quote for has a check mark under the download quotes column?

What happens if you click update in your portfolio view?

If you get a message such as 20/30 updated, it means you're requesting quotes for securities you no longer hold.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • dnsdns Member
    Thank you for the quick response. This is the first time I have entered a question in the "community". I went into the security list and I see plenty of securities with the download quote box checked. I clicked update in the portfolio view it it seems to have done nothing. Yes, if I see a message like 20/30 updated that would mean that I no longer have shares or the stock symbol is missing. That does not concern me as long as I get some message like 20 out of 30 not just "1 quotes and investment headlines updated".
  • WindowFinanceWindowFinance Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with symbols T and C. Additionally, symbol T is listed twice in One Step Update error report (see attached) while it appears only once in my Security List.
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: "no new quotes or investing headlines".
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going from memory because I can't find a prior thread that discussed this.
    I believe there is a bug in the code which presents the list of securities which did not download quotes. It may be specific to single-letter symbols. I encountered it in the past when it reported it couldn't download C and one other, maybe T. At the time, I had no shares in either and wasn't trying to download quotes for them.
    The only way I got rid of this warning was to go through my securities list and manually find which securities were not getting quotes and un-checking them from downloading quotes. In my case, I mistakenly had two bonds which of course couldn't download quotes, but Quicken reported them as stocks in that warning list. Once I stopped the bonds from trying to get quotes, the warning went away.
    This was a long time ago and I don't know whether this bug was fixed. What version of Quicken are you using, @WindowFinance ?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • WindowFinanceWindowFinance Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Thanks @Rocket J Squirrel .  I subscribe to the latest Quicken Premier 2020.  It's time for Quicken to fix this 4 year old bug.

The problem was first posted in 2016 in the following thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7261834/no-new-quotes-or-investing-headlines/
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.