After the Win 10 1909 update Jan 14th Quicken has stopped opening

After the January Windows 1909 Updates, Quicken would lock up when opening. Windows would report that the programs had stopped responding. Quicken would open if I selected 'Open as Admin'. I then right-clicked on the desktop icon and selected 'check compatibility'. I excepted the changes and Quicken opens and runs without a problem now.

Is there more I should look into?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some registry settings may have become hosed. Rather than troubleshoot what it might be, simply reinstall Quicken. The mondo patch can be found below.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Brent MeyersBrent Meyers Member ✭✭
    Just installed a new release, R 24.11, Build 27.1.24.11. Installed without issues. I was able to remove 'Compatibility Setting' (Win 8), needed to start from the desktop icon. OSU worked without a problem.
  • Paul SuchmaPaul Suchma Member ✭✭
    My Q2017 Premier on W10 crashed today with pop-up "QuickenWindow has stopped working", and now the same happens whenever I open it. I tried re-booting, running it pointing to back-up QDF, not pointing to any QDF, re-installing Quicken from DVD and none of these works. Ran windows CHKDSK which found no problems on my hard disk. What else can I do?
  • Paul SuchmaPaul Suchma Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Mr, Squirrel, this seems to have worked.

Bullwinkle. Moose
This discussion has been closed.