Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Biils, Income & Transfers

Since the latest update my Bills, Income & Transfers screen is blank. I have numerous ones set up and and have been able to see them for years. I can also still see them if I go to Manage Manual Bills and Reminders.

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dbickford

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be causing this issue.

First, by a blank screen do you mean that the bills are missing or do you not see any filters or drop-downs on this screen?

If the bills are just missing, what filter do you have set in this view?

Lastly, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and release.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    When i opened quicken my bills and income page was blank, anyone experience this?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @hmday

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still experiencing this behavior, may I ask, what version and release of Quicken are you using?

If you haven't already, I would also recommend unchecking the "Combine Bills, Income & Transfer" option in the Edit menu > Preferences > Navigation option.

Click OK to save the change, Quicken should then refresh and split the bills and income/transfers screens - the missing bills should reappear at this point, but please let us know if they are still missing.

Open the Preferences menu again and recheck the "Combine Bills, Income & Transfers" option once again - the screen should refresh once more with the missing reminders now visible but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah 
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    premier 2020 r24.11. I followed the steps you recommended. I am still left with a blank page. If you view my screen shot you will see there are no functions on the bill & income screen. I can not add or remove billers, see history or validate the billers.
    thanks for responding
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    interesting... the income and transfers are showing...that screen looks normal however the billers screen is blank without function buttons
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah
    fyi...if i create a new quicken file, i am able to add my billers . If i open my previous quicken file, the billers show up on the bill and income tab. If i close quicken and reopen it the billers are gone as well as the bill view functions. However, the income and transfer view is still view-able with all the functions. See the attached views.
  • JennlanceJennlance Member
    I am having the same issue. It happened after the first update from Quicken after the first of the year. I spoke with Quicken help yesterday, he said my file is corrupted and can't be fixed. How did that happen?? The only way I can use my reminders is to click on the manage bills and income tab, but that is so annoying.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    If I reinstall backups from December, the problem still exists. It consistently occurs after completing a one step up date of my US Bank accounts. When I reopen the file the Bill and Income page is blank. Validating does not report corruption. I cant seem to find an answer. I quit using the online Bill and Income feature.
  • MrMikeHMrMikeH Member ✭✭
    I just reluctantly upgraded to the subscription plan and the first time I go to do something, it's not working. The Bills and Income tab shows nothing, even though there are bills due, so something has changed or this is a bug. I had Quicken 2017 before and it worked perfectly. Is there something special I need to do to make my online bills show up on that tab?
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall having to toggle Combine Bills, Income & Transfers when we upgraded: select Edit > Preferences...

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • lbsunbumlbsunbum Member ✭✭
    I experienced the same thing this morning, "Bills, Income & Transfers" shows nothing and I know there are bills which are due. I toggled as mentioned above unsuccessfully.
    I'm having the same problem. I'm running 2020, R24.14, Windows 10. I've, validated, super validated, re-boot. I've restored a back up which worked for a very short period of time, then "Bills, Income & Transfers" under "Bills & Income" blank again. I can see my scheduled reminders ok.
    Been experiencing the same thing for several days now. I've validated, super validated, restored a back up, toggled the view as mentioned above, all unsuccessfully. When toggled, "Income & Transfers" works but nothing under "Bills". I chatted with support and the response was a corrupted file. I'm just hoping for an update which will correct it.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @lbsunbum

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available "here"

Please let me know if these steps work to correct the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Thanks for your response. I removed the Quicken program and received an error when installing advising to manually remove the folder located at c:\Program Files(x86)\Quicken. The program installed after deleting the folder. Unfortunately, it did not work. Nothing displays under Bills. If separate, "Income & Transfers" displays as designed. The link to "Manage Manual Bills and Income" works.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    Win 25.10 Premier....still cant seem to get this problem solved...when I open quicken my bill screen is blank (all the billers are missing) and the functions for adding, updating and managing billers is also missing. it is a blank screen! I have validated the file and it is not reported as corrupted. I have send a report to quicken...How do I get this fixed???
  • MrMikeHMrMikeH Member ✭✭
    Thanks to the first poster dbicford. The toggle worked for me, although I liked the old format better.
  • JennlanceJennlance Member
    This morning a new update was done by Quicken and suddenly all of my bills and income are back! They said it was corrupted or damaged when I called them. I just knew it wasn't, as it happened after an update that was done by them in early Jan. Hope everyone else gets this latest update (2/19/2020) and that it fixes the issue for you all also.
    Finally fixed it by restoring a backup that was a month old. it required extra work to make sure all my accounts were accurate.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    mine is unchanged....i have given up on the bills and income feature
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    premier 2020 25.10. I have been having the blank screen problem since January. If i create a new file i am able to add billers. If I open my original file the billers i created in my new file are displayed in my original file. However if I close the file and reopen the file the bill tab screen "billers" is blank again. I have tried to fix this using validation, reverting to a backup from two months ago, and I have reinstalled quicken. Nothing has solved the problem. I have reported the problem several times and nobody has responded and the updates have not fixed it. I have given up on biller tab. I just dont display it!
This discussion has been closed.