Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken will not update Verizon Wireless, Online Bills and Income

Repeat error of December 2019 discussion with Tyka.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864804/quicken-will-not-update-verizon-wireless-online-bills-and-income#latest

Quicken will not update online biller for Verizon Wireless, exact same issue.
Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
Quicken Premier
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @gooddog50

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your issue, although I apologize that this problem continues to persist.

I have reviewed the online biller profile and I show that this bill is successfully synced and shows no errors.

Unfortunately, I am unable to report this bill as it is not displaying an error message, it appears the billing info is unavailable for this biller to provide a bill amount.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Thank you for replying to my issue posted. If you will, please leave this open until the next bill is presented this month and we can view this again with the error showing. I appreciate the assistance,
    C
    Quicken Premier
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1.24.2020 Verizon bill available, will not update on Quicken as of yet.
    Quicken Premier
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Even stranger yet, the PDF file attached on the same page shows the current bill due while the Bills & Income screen shows "Awaiting next Bill"

(attachment edited to redact personal information)
    Quicken Premier
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @gooddog50

Thank you for the follow-up I apologize for the delay, I had to research this issue further to be able to assist.

It would appear that there are multiple cloud accounts the issue may be that the Verizon bill is linked and working properly in a different file and is interfering with the file you are actively using.

May I ask that you go through your existing Quicken files and look for a file that ends in "0192."

To locate the dataset ID please see the steps below.

Please open Quicken and go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Cloud Accounts option.

Hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys on the keyboard and click the "Edit cloud account name" box on the right side of the Preferences > Cloud Account menu.

A window should open that lists your Account Name, Filename, and the Dataset ID - what are the last 4 digits of the listed Dataset ID?

To be sure I'm understanding the issue correctly, this remark from the OP.

Once found, please locate the Verizon Bill and confirm whether or not it displays the amount due or awaiting the next bill. 

If the amount is shown correctly, please remove the Verizon Bill and return to the current file.

Then remove this Verizon bill and re-add once more.

Please let me know how it goes! 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

This may be a duplicate message, sorry. I replied via email as well....

Thank you for the very prompt reply, much appreciated.

Last 4 are as shown in attachment: 5137

After update today, no change in Verizon Status.

As noted in previous incident, the pull down tab that shows "Go to biller website" still takes you to mobilligy.com instead of Verizon.com...

Thank you for the assistance, let me know how to proceed.

Clay
    Quicken Premier
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @gooddog50

Thank you for the response.

This issue may be due to a separate file that has been created such as a backup file that has the Verizon Bill synced and it is now affecting the current file.

May I ask that you go through your existing Quicken files and look for a file that ends in "0192."

This file appears to have a Verizon bill that is linked and could be interfering with the Verizon bill in the "5137" file.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    I have loaded and reviewed prior files and cannot find any alternate file number. All current and backup files found are 5137. I don't know if it matters, but I have not used a backup file in years.
    Thank you,
    C
    Quicken Premier
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. FWIW, I do not use the cloud in any manner, backup or otherwise.
    Quicken Premier
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Thank you for the response and for confirming that you were unable to locate the 0192 datasets.

I have gone ahead and requested that this additional Verizon Bill has been removed.

Please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to remove the Verizon Bill from your active data file and attempting to re-add once more.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thank you Tyka for the follow up. May I ask, how an additional file would be generated for the cloud? Doesn't a (cloud) file have to be deleted and replaced or a second (primary) user file be created for two files to exist? I know that previously, during troubleshooting with the support folks, a cloud file was deleted. However, that has been many months ago and the Verizon file has worked subsequently to those issues.
    Regardless, if I understand you correctly; I am to wait until 48 +/- hrs and delete, then reestablish the Verizon biller.
    As a side note, I run this program on two separate desktop systems in two different towns. I copy the current QDF file and transport it to the other computer, so that when started, it is up to date with the primary system. Is there any way this could mess up the files?
    Thanks again,
    C
    Quicken Premier
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited January 2020
    Absolutely, I appreciate the questions!

A cloud account is automatically created for you when signing into your Quicken ID to register a new or existing Quicken Data File.

A Cloud account is required to be created, however, no account or transaction data is transmitted to the Quicken Cloud, unless the Mobile Sync feature is activated and accounts are selected to sync with the Quicken Cloud. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856731/faq-what-information-syncs-with-the-quicken-cloud-for-mobile-web-apps

How do you move the data file? Do you save a back-up and restore the file? 

Do you have the Quicken file stored in a cloud drive or network drive?

Also, whenever a new file is opened, copied and opened or a backup is restored this will create a new cloud dataset for that file. A previous dataset doesn't need to be removed to make room for a new file.

To clarify, please wait for 48 hours to be sure there has been enough time for the offending biller to be removed from our service provider, before attempting to remove and add the biller once more.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Re: How do you move the data file? Do you save a back-up and restore the file?
    I copy the current file and restore it on the 2nd computer. (I literally replace the existing "current" file with the updated "current" file.
    Thanks for the info, will update after changes are made.
    C
    Quicken Premier
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Tyka,
    1.29.2020 Update: Opening Quicken this morning required new log in/ sign on, assume cloud file was deleted. Completed OSUD, then completed update all on bills and income update tab. Then deleted and reinstalled Verizon wireless successfully and linked it to associated reminder. Verizon biller updated correctly and downloaded correct date and amount for next bill. However, if you use the redirect in the drop down tab for the biller for the "Go to biller website"
    it still redirects you to mobilligy.com. This is exactly where we were last month on this exact biller. I suspect that when this bill is completed, we will not be able to refresh the next cycle when that bill is available.
    FWIW, the Verizon biller actually updated yesterday 1.28.2020 with nothing being done on my part. I just updated with the "Update All" function on the Bills and Income tab.
    If there is something else I can explore, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess we will revisit this biller again next month. Would really like to nail this down.
    Thank you for the assistance,
    C
    Quicken Premier
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @gooddog50

Thank you for the response and giving those steps a try, I'm glad to hear that the Verizon Biller has updated successfully for now.

In regards to the incorrect URL that is being used, as of the now this bug has been reported and a fix is in the works, unfortunately, I am unable to provide an ETA at this time.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue, I will be sure to update this post with any new information as it becomes available.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

CTP-469
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    UPDATE:

The error in which the"Go To Biller Website" link redirected to an incorrect URL has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.