Home Quicken for Mac Product Releases and Announcements: Mac

Quicken for Mac v5.14 Released

Comments

• kd112kd112 Member
    All transactions downloaded into the register in Quicken but when I created a Monthly Transactions Categories report I got $0.00 for all credit card transactions and for deposits. Using Quicken for Mac V 5.14.0.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your budget, like the rest of your Quicken data, is stored locally unless you choose to turn on cloud syncing.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • wp_beardsleywp_beardsley Member ✭✭
    edited January 21
    Many of my catagories are missing data now. Also budget does not work. I am dead in the water and need help.

• wp_beardsleywp_beardsley Member ✭✭
    Can I go back to the old version?
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...old version should be in trash or in backup like Time Machine.

You may also need to revert to a copy of your data file that pre-dates your upgrade to 5.14.
  • Renzo BianchiRenzo Bianchi Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all for your replies. Looks like I need to wait for a patch. In the meantime I will just manually select each downloaded transaction and remove the split. This is quick and easy but is still a pain.
  • nkeynkey Member ✭✭
    Ive just updated to 5.14.0 for my Mac. I am now finding some posted items are not showing up on any of my reports. Anyone else having this problem?
  • nkeynkey Member ✭✭
    > @d3rendon said:
    > Transactions appearing in reports with zero $ amount
    >
    >
    > Yesterday I updated to Quicken for Mac, Version 5.14.0 (Build 514.31804.100).
    >
    >
    >
    > Then I downloaded some transactions from my credit card company. The transactions showed up OK in the account register. But when I went to look at a report that included those transactions, the amounts were zero. When I clicked on the transaction in the report, it correctly opened a window with the credit card register and took me to that transaction.
    >
    > The transaction amount was correct. It was only in the report that it incorrectly showed a zero amount.
    >
    >
    >
    > It seems to be just those recently downloaded transactions (but not all of them) and they are only incorrect in the report. I created a new report and it too showed those transactions with zero amount.
    >
    >
    >
    > If I edit the offending transaction and change the amount to another value, then change it back to the downloaded amount, the transaction amount is then OK in the report.
    >
    >
    >
    > Is anyone else seeing this?
    >
    >
    >
    > Using Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Mac
    >
    > Version 5.14.0 (Build 514.31804.100
    >
    > macOS 10.14.6
  • nkeynkey Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Items on registers are not showing on reports
  • MJN815MJN815 Member
    I see the transaction but they are zero dollars as opposed to what they post and are in the account reporting
  • d3rendond3rendon Member ✭✭
    > @Renzo Bianchi said:
    > New Mac Update Causes Download Issue
    >
    > It appears that when Quicken does an online download of transactions it is entering them as a split with the 1st entry the correct category with a value of $0 and the 2nd entry as uncategorized with the value of the transaction. This causes issues with reports where the report has the entry as a $0 value. Has anyone else seen this occur?

I agree also. I am seeing the invisible splits with zero value as well. Thanks. It helps a lot. This should be easy to fix (I hope) now that we know the exact mechanism. Not so sure about all the other problems, though. :-(
    Just like the dozens of others that report the same thing above....
  • Quicken MarcusQuicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    In this latest release, when I enter a new transaction manually, the memo and amount fields are not being filled in with the same values as the last time I entered the same transaction. Is this supposed to happen now? It is really inconvenient to have to input the memo and values for every monthly transaction I do now. I don't download my transactions, I do them all manually. Everything worked fine in this regard prior to this release.
    This is actually planned new behavior.  We did a survey of our beta customers and 80% didn't want these values saved so by default we no longer save them . If you think about it the tag, memo and amounts are typically transaction specific.  However, if you want these values to be saved, go to the QuickFill rule under the Window : Payees & Rules menu item and select the QuickFill tab to edit the QuickFill for this particular payee.  Search for the Payee you want and add the memo and tag values.  Going forward these values will be automatically added.

We do plan to provide a mechanism to add them automatically for the 20% that want it but haven't done that feature yet.
    bhold said:
    "Quicken Marcus" said:

It sounds like several people are seeing an issue where reports are showing a 0 value for recent transactions.  I'm not able to reproduce this so I think we'll need to get a little more information to be able to reproduce this and fix it.  Are these splits by any chance? Are they Transfers? Are all recent transactions 0 or only some transactions? Can you see anything special about the ones that are 0?  Were they created from scheduled transactions? Any more detail regarding the transactions that are exhibiting this behavior would help us figure out the problem and fix. Thanks.

Marcus, I just updated to 5.14 on Friday and am now seeing this $0.00 issue in reports. Here are the details in my case:
    - not splits, just simple payment transactions
    - not transfers
    - it is happening on just the most recent transactions in a category
    - it is not happening on every category, but in many of them
    This is helpful.  Thanks. I've reached out to you directly to get more information. Thanks again.
  • gary19gary19 Member ✭✭
    Reply to stevenjwoodward:

Sorry I don't seem to be able to connect this message to your reply, stevenjwoodward, so i will just enter it here maybe you will see it. Or maybe someone will tell me how to create a thread on this message board. i am a newbie.

stevenjwoodward, I noticed the same problem you are having, namely that when I type a value in the "payee" field, the category field does not autofill as it used to in 5.13. At first I typed the category field in manually, which is a waste of time compared to 5.13. But then I noticed an autofill dialog box of sorts comes up when I type in the "payee" field, and that dialog box does contain a clicable entry which includes the "category field". Still not as good as 5.13, but better than typing in manually.
    In this latest release, when I enter a new transaction manually, the memo and amount fields are not being filled in with the same values as the last time I entered the same transaction. Is this supposed to happen now? It is really inconvenient to have to input the memo and values for every monthly transaction I do now. I don't download my transactions, I do them all manually. Everything worked fine in this regard prior to this release.
    This is actually planned new behavior.  We did a survey of our beta customers and 80% didn't want these values saved so by default we no longer save them . If you think about it the tag, memo and amounts are typically transaction specific.  However, if you want these values to be saved, go to the QuickFill rule under the Window : Payees & Rules menu item and select the QuickFill tab to edit the QuickFill for this particular payee.  Search for the Payee you want and add the memo and tag values.  Going forward these values will be automatically added.

We do plan to provide a mechanism to add them automatically for the 20% that want it but haven't done that feature yet.
    I can tell you that as a heavy user, I have scenarios where 100% of my transactions re-use the same info, and I simply tweak the data slightly, whereas there are other scenarios where the data is very unique.

So it is far from an 80/20 balance...it is more like, it depends...
    Glad to see that there is at least a work-around but look forward to seeing it set up to accommodate all scenarios...

But one common complaint I see oft repeated is how much longer it takes to perform data entry in QMac vs QM2007 and QWin. Just keep in mind that these work-arounds do add up...
  • gary19gary19 Member ✭✭
    Summary of 5.14 Release Problems with Downloaded Transactions in "Reports"

Release 5.14 appears to have rather large bug in that transactions downloaded from both credit card companies and banks are assigned a dollar value of $0.00 when displayed in a "Report".

This does not happen to every transaction, but for some users it appears to happen for the majority of transactions.

The bug is present exclusively for transactions which were downloaded while running 5.14. Transactions previously downloaded in versions previous to 5.14 do not seem to be affected.

Data loss, or perhaps a better word is hiding, occurs for both automatic and manual (as in Safari drag-and-drop from downloads folder) downloads.

Again, I would trhead some messages together, but as I am unable to do that, I though I would post this summary. When I first came to this board yesterday I would have benefited from this message.
  • For me the transactions are all manually entered.
  • Christopher_SChristopher_S Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing a different issue than what's being discussed here. Ever since I updated to 5.14.0, when I try to update any account (either individually or all at once), Quicken crashes entirely.
    yes, there have been a few reports of that too...
    jsurpless said:
    I was trying to look at the new time interval under Transaction Reports and now I am unable to select a specific report, as it crashes Quicken every time I access it. How can I delete that report if I can't select it?

**** Update ****

Nevermind, I restored from a backup and things seem to be OK now
    For those of you that ran into a transaction report crash, please upgrade to 5.14.1.  5.14.1 fixes that crash and others around downloading transactions and importing a Quicken Windows file.
    d3rendon said:
    > @Renzo Bianchi said:
    > New Mac Update Causes Download Issue
    >
    > It appears that when Quicken does an online download of transactions it is entering them as a split with the 1st entry the correct category with a value of $0 and the 2nd entry as uncategorized with the value of the transaction. This causes issues with reports where the report has the entry as a $0 value. Has anyone else seen this occur?

I agree also. I am seeing the invisible splits with zero value as well. Thanks. It helps a lot. This should be easy to fix (I hope) now that we know the exact mechanism. Not so sure about all the other problems, though. :-(
    Sorry to those of you that ran into this issue.  We have finally figured out the problem with the help of many of you and already have a fix in place that will get tested tomorrow.  The problem appears to be a bad QuickFill rule getting created that has a single split line with a 0 amount.  I'm not sure how these were created but if you have one of those then you will run into this issue when that payee is downloaded.  You can manually fix this by clicking on the 0 amount in the transaction report and going to the register for that transaction and opening the details window to see the splits. Delete or change the spit line to match the transaction.  You should also delete this QuickFill rule in the Payees & Rules dialog because this issue will continue to happen until that rule is removed.  We hope to be able to ship a fix to everyone tomorrow or Thursday but wanted to give you some options to manually fix it for now. If you're using 5.14 and don't see the issue then there's no reason to go back to 5.13.  This probably happened when we automatically created a bunch of QuickFill rules from your existing transactions but shouldn't happen again.
    I'm experiencing a different issue than what's being discussed here. Ever since I updated to 5.14.0, when I try to update any account (either individually or all at once), Quicken crashes entirely.
    Please try updating to 5.14.1.  We did fix a crashing issue that could occur when downloading transactions.
  • ralphcelderralphcelder Member
    > @"John Maloney" said:
    > In this latest release, when I enter a new transaction manually, the memo and amount fields are not being filled in with the same values as the last time I entered the same transaction. Is this supposed to happen now? It is really inconvenient to have to input the memo and values for every monthly transaction I do now. I don't download my transactions, I do them all manually. Everything worked fine in this regard prior to this release.

Uh, who thought up this change? I have used the carry-over if the amount and especially the note from the last transaction as a Feature - I instantly know if this month's bill was more (or less) than last month, and Notes tell me detail of the last time. Changing the static QuickFill field each time is not a solution. Why can't I have an option in Quickfill called "carry over data from last transaction" ??? guess I have to revert to 5.13 until this is fixed.
  • Christopher_SChristopher_S Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Marcus" said:
    > (Quote)
    > Please try updating to 5.14.1.  We did fix a crashing issue that could occur when downloading transactions.

Confirmed that updating to 5.14.1 fixes the issue for me. Thanks for the quick patch!
  • RCinNJRCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    > In this latest release, when I enter a new transaction manually, the memo and amount fields are not being filled in with the same values as the last time I entered the same transaction. Is this supposed to happen now? 
    I agree this needs to be a User Option or revert to the old behavior. I do not enter many transactions manually, but those that I do enter I'd prefer to have the old info entered and make changes if necessary. Manually entered transactions are not the same as downloaded. Unlike automatically downloaded transactions, I see these as they are created. Better yet, whether to use the values from the last time should be a vendor by vendor preference. 
  • RCinNJRCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    I have used the carry-over if the amount and especially the note from the last transaction as a Feature - I instantly know if this month's bill was more (or less) than last month, and Notes tell me detail of the last time. Changing the static QuickFill field each time is not a solution. Why can't I have an option in Quickfill called "carry over data from last transaction" ???
    Agreed (emphasis added).
  • osdiazosdiaz Member ✭✭
    Just installed 5.14.1 where it's claimed they fixed some stability issues. However reports showing some transactions automatically downloaded after the 5.14.0 release are still showing at $0.00 amounts. The transactions appear correctly in the account registers but not in the reports.

Perhaps the easiest reports to check this bug is the comparison reports. The column for last year's YTD should be normal. The column with this year's YTD will show incorrect amounts if there are transactions dowloaded automatically since the 5.14.0 release.

There were other very serious problems with the 5.14.0 release that I hope were fixed in 5.14.1. But getting inaccurate reports is also a very serious issue with this platform and it's not fixed.
  • glennmaccglennmacc Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Marcus said:
    > (Quote)
    > Sorry to those of you that ran into this issue.  We have finally figured out the problem with the help of many of you and already have a fix in place that will get tested tomorrow.  The problem appears to be a bad QuickFill rule getting created that has a single split line with a 0 amount.  I'm not sure how these were created but if you have one of those then you will run into this issue when that payee is downloaded.  You can manually fix this by clicking on the 0 amount in the transaction report and going to the register for that transaction and opening the details window to see the splits. Delete or change the spit line to match the transaction.  You should also delete this QuickFill rule in the Payees & Rules dialog because this issue will continue to happen until that rule is removed.  We hope to be able to ship a fix to everyone tomorrow or Thursday but wanted to give you some options to manually fix it for now. If you're using 5.14 and don't see the issue then there's no reason to go back to 5.13.  This probably happened when we automatically created a bunch of QuickFill rules from your existing transactions but shouldn't happen again.

Marcus,

I had not really had the problem, but after your explanation, I checked my QuickFill list and every one of them has a zero amount. I'm going to not enter any new transactions until the fix comes out, but my question is, will these incorrect QuickFills be fixed, or will I have to develop a new database of QuickFills? From above, it sounds like I'll need to delete everyone of these 1422 QuickFills. Is that correct? The new QuickFills will not retain the amount of the new transaction, is that correct?
  • RioBlancoRioBlanco Member ✭✭
    Reports no longer working with newest quicken release for Mac 5.14.1. Fortunately time machine let me downgrade to 5.13.3 and all is functioning again. Do not recommend the download