Is anyone having problems downloading transactions from Citizens Access Bank.

No longer able to download transactions from Citizens Access Bank. Worked fine until about 3 days ago. No problem connecting with their website. Downloads from other banks work fine. Have deactivated and tried to set up again but get connectivity error. Using Quicken Deluxe 2017 and I have the latest release of Quicken R19.7. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• I am on Windows 10.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Please do TOOLS, Account List.  What does it say in the "Financial Institution" column across from this account?
    Because there is NO "Citizens Access Bank" listed in FIDIR.TXT that records all of the contracts between Q and the various banks/cards/etc.
    Never mind the above, I  managed to find them.
    SO, what "Connectivity error" code are you getting?  Any error messages?
    And, on a 1 time basis, can you initiate a download from the bank and then import it into Q using FILE, File Import, Web Connect (.QFX) file?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I get "Oops. There is a connection problem. Error CC-502".

I don't see an option on the bank site to create a ".qfx" file. Not sure what you mean.
  • dsheddshed Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Quicken was downloading directly from Citizens Access until a few days ago. Something is broken. Nothing but a cc-502 error now.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get "Oops. There is a connection problem. Error CC-502".

I don't see an option on the bank site to create a ".qfx" file. Not sure what you mean.

Log into Citizens Access website and create the QFX from there.  You can't create it from Q's login screen.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I created the qfx file on the Website and imported into Quicken. That worked fine. Thanks for your help.

I am still unable to directly download transactions from Quicken. At least one other person is having the same problem and posted a comment in this conversation. Since multiple people are having the problem, I am assuming that I am not doing anything incorrectly. The problem is either on Quicken's end or Citizens Access end, I called Citizens Access and they were quick to say that the problem is with Quicken.

I guess that I will just manually update until the problem disappears. There are not a lot of transactions for this account.
  • EarlyUserEarlyUser Member ✭✭
    I'm also experiencing the CC-502 message with Citizens Access for over a week now. It used to work just fine.
  • swalle553swalle553 Member ✭✭
    Same here. It seems like Quicken is asleep at the wheel. This has been going on for well over a week.
  • How do we get this problem to show up on list of current online banking issues? There are at least 4 people with this problem.
  • swalle553swalle553 Member ✭✭
    I just spent 45 minutes chatting with a support technician about this and got nowhere. She had me create a "new" account file and create an account for Citizen's Access and try to connect. I did this and received the same error message, (CC-502). The tech insisted that it is not a Quicken issue! Really?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing the CC-502 error please see the steps outlined here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and a review of the log files to determine the cause of the
    error.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

If you have already contacted support and the error has persisted after waiting for 24 hours, please contact support once more and provide that you continue to receive the error. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • I talked to Quicken support for about 45 minutes and sent them files. Quicken says that the problem is with Citizens Access. I called Citizens Access and they were not much help and said the problem is with Quicken. So we (the users) are caught in the middle.

On Jan 24, I sent the following email to [email protected]

"I am xxxx xxxxxxxxx and have a online savings accounts with Citizens Access. Until about 10 days ago (about 1/14/2020) I was able to download transactions to Quicken without any problems. Since then I get a “CC-502” error every time I try to download.

Numerous users are getting this error. Four other users have logged this problem on the Quicken Community forum, so it is not just me having the problem.

Tonight, I spent about 45 minutes with a Quicken support technician and their conclusion was that the problem is with Citizens Access.

Around 18 January, I called Citizens Access and was told that the problem was with Quicken. The person did not seem to be very interested in getting the details.

Can this problem be resolved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated."

It might help if other people would send an email to [email protected]
    I complained to Citizens Access by secure email at their site on 1/27. FYI, the following is their response (within 24 hrs.): As below, they say they know about the problem and are "working with Quicken" to get it resolved.

Thank you for contacting Citizens Access.
    We're aware of the issue with downloading your transactions into Quicken. We're currently working to get this resolve with Quicken as soon as possible.
    Please feel free to contact us at 888-201-6505, if you need further assistance. We're here to help you from 8 am to 10 pm ET, Monday through Friday, Saturday 9 am ET to 3pm ET, Sunday 10am ET to 3pm ET.
    Thank you, Karon
    Citizens Access Concierge Team
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    I am also getting an error message when downloading from Citizens Access. No problem with the bank's website itself, just Quicken.
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    I am on Quicken for Mac with this issue
    I just noticed (2/13/20) that Citizens Access Help/FAQ regarding Quicken has changed from being supported to:

"Can I connect my Citizens Access Account to Quicken and Mint?
    Yes, you can connect your Citizens Access account to Mint. Please follow the online instructions within Mint.com to link your account. Compatibility with Quicken is in progress and we will notify customers when this becomes available."

So... don't bother trying to use download directly until they straighten this out -- if they ever do. They do seem to be supporting exporting of Quicken data. Haven't tried that yet.
  • CHLCHL Member
    Citizens Bank issues Ive just started using Quicken and all my payments from Citizens Bank to a credit card are double entered. I had updated the memorized transactions but they are still double entering with one correct and one incorrect category. Transfers from my kids accounts that i have named access are also double entering and not transferring correctly to their Citizens accounts I dont have access to. (Thats not a big issue but the double credit card payments are!
    Any suggestions?