Investment Transactions Not Working in Starter Edition [edited]

I just did the latest subscription update and now all my account totals are off by tens of thousands of $$. And when you are in an account and click on holdings, you get account overview instead of a listing of your holdings. What the heck have they done??

Comments

• Another awesome development. My payments on my credit card are increasing the balance instead of decreasing the balance and charges are decreasing the balance!!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried restoring your last backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.

Regarding the account totals, I suggest you reconcile the registers against the accounts at the financial institution.

When we select Holdings, the Account Overview window opens which includes the Holdings region at the very top of the window.

Payments to credit card accounts have always added to the balance and charges have always subtracted from the balance.  

• Date column is correct. I have compared the account totals to the financial institutions and they are off by tens of thousands. My account overview window does not show any Holdings region at the very top of the window or anywhere else on that window. There are two boxes. Account Status and Account Attributes and they only have little settings wheels in the upper right hand corner of each box. You are correct about the credit card accounts.

I called support and a very nice guy helped me and he said it was because I was using Windows 7. So he had me go to the Quicken website and install my subscription on my laptop running Windows 10 and then transfer my backed up files to my laptop. It is still off by tens of thousands and the Holdings button still only give Account overview.
  • Thanks for your suggestions Sherlock and Greg The Greek. This morning I decided to upgrade from the Starter version to the Deluxe for an extra $50 and low and behold, like magic, everything was okay again. I had changed from Deluxe to Starter version last year when I renewed my subscription and had not had any problem, but seems NOW (with the latest update) that Starter version can't handle Stocks, Mutual Funds, etc. Would have been nice if Tech Support were made aware of this. I would have given up the $50 yesterday instead of spending a day and a half figuring out what was going on.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, Quicken Starter has never handled investment accounts.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeffblasdel said:  This morning I decided to upgrade from the Starter version to the Deluxe for an extra $50 and low and behold, like magic, everything was okay again.
    BTW - no where in your early postings did you even mention STARTER version -
    Amazing that it worked for you last year, when you changed.

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10