Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Scheduled Updates Not Working

Scheduled Updates Not Working:
1: Manual updates work without any problem
2: If I change the scheduled update in any manner it will work, but will not work a day or so later
3: It is scheduled to start when Windows starts
4: When Windows starts and the Quicken password is asked for, it is accepted, but the task does not appear in the hidden icons

Best Answers

• mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The issue has not reoccured since the R26.17 update. Will advise if there is any change.

Answers

• Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    Also looking for this solution.
  • ed1
    ed1 Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka

Thanks for the link to "Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows." However, it seems inapplicable to my issue of scheduled updates not working.

My issue differs from that of @mlsills. I scheduled daily updates to occur at a set time. Those updates were working fine until a few days ago. I verified that "Background Agent" is running.
  • mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Hello Ed & Quicken Tyka,

Ed, we share the same problem, just speaking about it differently!

My question to Quicken Tyka is: Has Quicken investigated this problem, or are we the only ones reporting this issue?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have Windows 10 Controlled Folder Access established and did not allow the bagent access, that could be the issue.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Interestingly, I cannot access "Controlled Folder Access" and my user account is Administrator. In any case, why would that explain the sudden stopping, even while the agent is running? My security is Norton and agent is given permission.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Presumably you cannot access CFA because you are using Norton.
    "4: When Windows starts and the Quicken password is asked for, it is accepted, but the task does not appear in the hidden icons" - What time do you have BA set to launch and when you say Windows starts, I assume you are booting up for the day?
    Also, the agent is not visible in the tool tray until it is actually kicked off.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Good information re: Norton.

1: BA is set for 6:30 AM daily.
    2: BA does appear in the icon tray
    3: The system does not reboot daily, it is on 24\7, with occasional restarts depending upon external, unrelated factors.
    4: If this problem is not widespread, it may be related to OS version and interaction with other applications.
  • ed1
    ed1 Member ✭✭
    It might be an irrelevant coincidence, but Scheduled Update might have stopped working the day after I upgraded to Quicken Release R 26.15.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that Bagent is getting stuck on a download error from one or more banks? Things have been a little hokey lately, what with all that Coronavirus stuff going on ... See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874067/ongoing-4-16-20-you-may-experience-errors-updating-some-of-your-accounts#latest
    Please run a manual One Step Update and see if it's getting hung up on an error condition.

• mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    This has been going on for over a year. Getting stuck on a download with one or more banks should not be a problem, as BA is doing nothing more than a manual One Step Update, which times out with a problem connection appropriately.
  • ed1
    ed1 Member ✭✭
    Scheduled Update works to my expectation after I installed Release R26.17.

Quicken 2020 R26.17 Release Notes
    • Fixed: Few issues related to crashes.
    • Fixed: A few internal bug fixes and improvements.
  • mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Quicken did the latest release update today, will see what happens.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mlsills said:
    This has been going on for over a year. Getting stuck on a download with one or more banks should not be a problem, as BA is doing nothing more than a manual One Step Update, which times out with a problem connection appropriately.

Are you having problems with Bank of America downloads?
    AFAIK, you should be using Direct Connect as the connection method for all BofA accounts, not Express Web Connect or Web Connect.
    If a bank gives you persistent download problems, do not include it in a Scheduled Update (or a manual One Step Update). Run "Update Now" from the bank account register's Action gear icon instead.
    You may want to search this community for discussions about Bank of America recent download problems and what the suggested solutions are.
  • mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    I do not use BofA. No problems with Peoples, Citi Cards will have sporadic problems. A real problem with Synchrony (Amazon), it just will not work. Quicken has no answer.
  • ed1
    ed1 Member ✭✭
    I just updated to Release R26.21, which seems to have broken OSU for me.

I scheduled daily account updates to occur at a set time. Those updates do not occur after I updated to R26.21. "Background Agent" is running.
  • mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The issue has not reoccured since the R26.17 update. Will advise if there is any change.
  • Rick B
    Rick B Member ✭✭
    about every few days I have to reschedule my daily updates. It works for a few days then stops working for no apparent reason. Been going on for quite some time and finally found this thread, but does not seem to be a sure-fire fix as of yet.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick B said:
    about every few days I have to reschedule my daily updates. It works for a few days then stops working for no apparent reason. Been going on for quite some time and finally found this thread, but does not seem to be a sure-fire fix as of yet.
    Scheduled updates gets whacked every time you update Quicken to the latest release. You have to remember to redo schedule updates whenever a new release is pushed out and installed. This has always been this way and while it is somewhat annoying, probably will never get fixed.

• mlsills
    mlsills Member ✭✭
    Definitely a problem whenever Quicken does an update. The most recent update to 26.23 killed scheduled updates. As this has not been consistent, it is something that Quicken needs to address.
This discussion has been closed.