Issues following release of Build 27.1.24.11

The day after the release of Build 27.1.24.11, I started having significant performance issues when using Quicken. For example, it took 5 minutes for the data file to load. When trying to use One Step Update, it took 2 minutes for the Password Vault password box to open and then, after filling in the password, another two minutes for the program to start trying to connect with my various banking institutions.

The problem has continued for two consecutive days. In between, the computer has been restarted (for unrelated reasons), no VPN is running and no other software has been running other than what I normally have running.

Considering that this has not been a problem prior to the latest update, my assumption is that there is problem with the update. One step I could obviously take is to uninstall Quicken and then reinstall it to see if that has any effect. But, other than that, I no idea how to solve this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Michael Saltz
    Michael Saltz Member ✭✭
    Well, I seem to have solved the problem. I completely uninstalled Quicken, rebooted the computer and then reinstalled it. It now seems to be working fine.
  • Michael Saltz
    Michael Saltz Member ✭✭
    I was wrong. There's still a problem although it seems to be sort of intermittent. I wonder if it has anything to do with syncing data to the cloud. If it does, I'd rather do without the cloud. I don't need it, so far as I know. I think I've looked at it only once or twice. I'll have to think about this.
  • Michael Saltz
    Michael Saltz Member ✭✭
    Apparently the problem has been solved after a call (the 2nd one) to Quicken's Tech Support. The solution was run Task Manager and then, on the Details page, to assign Quicken as having Priority. I've run it a couple of times now and the program's behavior has been normal.
  • riebe98
    riebe98 Member ✭✭
    Where do you find Task Manager
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ctrl Alt Del
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.