Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Lincoln Financial Group - 403b account - "Unknown Type" - Manual setup

mikeulator
mikeulator Member
Hi folks, new here and to Quicken. Just got the subscription, installed and updated to 2020 R24.11. I tried adding my LFG, which is a 403b through my employer, through the add account wizard but it's not even listed under the 403b area. Trying to add it via the brokerage way returns with an "Unknown Type" for the account and so it doesn't add it.

So I'm trying to add it manually (while waiting for a response from LFG about what they support) and it's not going well. I first manually created the account but on the screen to select the different shares I left it blank (hoping it would get that from the QIF). I was able to export each years data as a QIF and import it, but I ended up with a large negative value for the account. I realized it was missing all of the deposits. The export from the website doesn't include them for some reason, even though I have "All Transactions" selected and they do show up on the web page list of transactions. So I wrote a script to create a QIF file for all of the deposits and imported it. It added them and now it's slightly in the positive, but still grossly under valued. Before the deposits it just pretty much had "buys" with no other data.

I'm not sure how to figure out what's missing. The types of actions imported from the QIF files are: Bought, Div, MiscInc. I guess it's just missing all the data from the actual growth of each holding? How do I import/track that? Or is it maybe missing something else? Is there an easier or better way to do the initial setup of the account? I've seen older threads on LFG and they didn't seem to have any resolutions. I guess trying to track that account in Quicken is pointless if it's been a pain in everyone's side this long. Just hoping someone out there has figured something out or knows what I did wrong based on my setup.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @mikeulator

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would take a moment to review the information here and here to check for and resolve placeholder entries.

There is also a previous discussion that may be of interest, the discussion is for a different financial institution but covers similar issues about importing investment transactions.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20060341#Comment_20060341

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks, new here and to Quicken. Just got the subscription, installed and updated to 2020 R24.11. I tried adding my LFG, which is a 403b through my employer, through the add account wizard but it's not even listed under the 403b area. Trying to add it via the brokerage way returns with an "Unknown Type" for the account and so it doesn't add it.
    Just wonder if the "unknown type" problem was ever resolved ?
    There is another user and posting with the same problem -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.