Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Vanguard 401k not found

I'm trying to add my wife's 401K. When I add it, it spins for a couple seconds, stops, then the continue button has to be clicked again. It spins some more, then it lists no accounts found. It doesn't ask for a two factor code like other accounts do and doesn't give any error messages. I can log in to the vanguard website fine with the credentials. Also, my personal 401K and brokerage accounts loaded no problem.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @lathambj

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please check to see if you have any hidden accounts with Vanguard that may still be connected for transaction download.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-hide-or-close-account
    1. Choose Tools menu > Account List. 
    2. In the Account List, click Edit next to the account you want to hide.
    3. Click the Display Options tab.
    4. Click to clear one or all of the Account Display checkboxes.
    5. Click OK.
    I would then verify that the account in question isn't possibly connected to an existing Vanguard account.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lathambj
    lathambj Member
    Thanks. i checked per your recommendations. However, this is a new install, first time use of Quicken. All of the accounts are added for the first time.

I can log in and view the account on vanguard.com with no problems.

I have my personal vanguard brokerage and 401k added with no problems.

When I add my wife's, i click, it says looking for accounts at vanguard.com, the stops and shows a blank screen. I click connect a second time, then a screen showing the list of accounts found at vanguards pops up with no accounts listed. When i click next, the window just goes away. No errors or anything listed.

Thanks,.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @lathambj

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

May I ask, does your wife's 401k account have separate login credentials from your accounts?

If so, are you both employed by the same employer? Or different employers?

If different, and your wife hasn't already, I would recommend contacting her plan provider to confirm they support downloads to Quicken for her specific plan.

If the employer does not support the downloads, unfortunately there is not a way to add the account for automatic downloads and it would need to be manually entered instead.

If they do support downloads, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with some advanced troubleshooting steps that should include a review of your log files to better understand what is happening internally during the Add Account request process and the correct steps to resolve.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.