Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Update on Citibank download issue [edited]

Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
I thought that I should do an update on this issue.

On June 2 last year, I wrote a six page letter, with screenshots, to the Citibank Chief Executive Officer, Global Consumer Banking. I got a letter back in response to set up a call with someone from the "Executive Response Unit." The person I spoke with said that their web team agreed with the issues I raised, which are described in this discussion: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856843/multiple-issues.

He was very nice, but he would not commit to any sort of a fix! Several months later, seeing no fixes to the issues I raised, i wrote a second letter. I got a reply letter that took several paragraphs to say nothing at all. These download issues continue.

A new issue is that sometimes, intermittently, I can do a single download for all my accounts, using the older format to select "Current Page Views" or additional accounts. if I use this older format, Quicken doesn't automatically recognize the account number for the download. instead, it prompts me to either create a new account or to manually match up the downloaded transactions with an existing account. More steps, more wasted time.

Additionally, not q Quicken issue as such, sometimes on the account page the link to download statements does not not appear. This is like playing whack-a-mole in reverse.

Is there any way to induce Citibank to perform proper software quality control on their website?
Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Any reason you are not using direct connect as your download method?  I have one Citi branded credit card and direct connect works flawlessly after going through the authorization process.
  • Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
    Markus1957,

When I tried to do direct connect, it did not work with all my various different Citibank accounts. I guess I should try again. If I have an issue with any one account, then I'll post a question.
  • Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
    So I just tried to set up direct connect, and it bombed. I'm starting a separate t thread.
This discussion has been closed.