E-Bills

I just experienced problems with Quicken (Premiere 2020) and Windows 10 (64 bit latest build). There was corruption of the password vault. I fixed these by de-activating and re-activating each account with each financial institution. There may still be other issues.
I have several insurance accounts with State Farm Insurance, and they are paid through Bank of America via e-bills, which display State Farm Insurance, the nickname and the account number.
In Quicken, some of them display "State Farm Insurance" and the Quicken Category and sub-categories. These can be edited in Quicken. Others display "State Farm" and "type:Bank" and the account number. These cannot be edited in Quicken.
All of these accounts are "insurance" accounts, not bank accounts. How might I get them all to display "State Farm Insurance" and the category, which is more useful than the account number? If I cancel e-bills, I will have to reinstate all them, and I am not sure what the result will be.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 25
    Hello Julian,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

It sounds like the transactions that cannot be edited are set up as a linked transaction, meaning that the account displaying in the Category field is the other account it is linked to.

You should be able to break the link by editing the Category of each transaction to the Category you'd like to use; you can also edit the Payee to display "State Farm Insurance", as you'd like. You may have to go to the other account showing in the Category field to do so.

If this does not resolve the issue, would you mind posting a screenshot of what's occurring in Quicken, personal information redacted, following the guidelines of this FAQ

This will help the Community to better understand and assist. 

Thank you

Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie