Prompted to add checking acct every time during One Step Update

When ever I do a 1-step update after recieving all data up pops a screen askng me to add a checking account. In the dialog box asking you to enter the name of your financial institution the word Chase appears. I just close the box and go on as usual. No big deal but it is annoying.

I posted this a couple months ago and received one reply that pointed me to someone having a similar but not identical problem. since it wasn't a big deal I didn't have time until now to investicate that thread but was able to today. The discussion was closed so I am posting the question again.

The solution suggested involved deactivating hidden accounts. I only have 6 active accounts but having used quicken for 17 years I have perhaps a dozen hidden accouts that are all not merely deactivated, but closed. There was one Chase checking account that was closed 6 years ago. I noticed two parculiar things about this one account. When editing any other account I see the three familiar tabs: General, Online Services, and Display Options. However on the closed Chase account the Online Services tab is missing. In the thread that was closed, the user cleared the account name from the "Financial Institution" dialog box. However, on this Chase account in the "Display Options tab it shows the financial institution as Chase, but it's not a dialog box so I can't change it.

Can anyone help with this annoying issue?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dave hulett

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Please save a backup prior to completing the steps below.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Once these steps are complete, reactivate the accounts once more.

Please let us know if these steps work to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dave hulett
    dave hulett Member ✭✭
    I had already tried that. If you look at the screen shot I provided, when editing the account in question there is no ability to clear the financial institution. There is no dialong box so it's not an editable field.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @dave hulett

Thank you for confirming, although I apologize that you are continuing to experience this issue.

If you haven't already, I would recommend performing a Validate & Repair on the data file (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair), based on the previously posted discussion and the details shared above, I suspect that this closed Chase account is stuck in the database tables, causing Quicken to think it is still an active account, trying to connect for downloading.

In the window that opens, mark the top box for "Validate file" and click OK.  When the process is finished, a data log will open that details what, if anything, was found.

What does this log say?

When ready, please then close and re-open Quicken then go to the Account Details window for the closed Chase account.  Is the Financial Institution field still grayed out and unable to be edited?

If so, then to fully resolve this issue, I would recommend creating a new, manual account and moving the transactions from the closed Chase account to the new manual account so the history of the account is retained; then delete the closed Chase account.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.