Quicken for Web Categories Override Quicken for Mac Desktop Categories

I am using Quicken for Mac Version 5.14.0 (Build 514.31804.100) on macOS 10.15.2:

1. I have setup Quicken for Mac with all manual checking and savings accounts. I do not download any transactions or have any transaction rules in place.

2. I used the "start from scratch" option on January 1, 2020. I set up my own Payees, Categories and created a Budget.

3. When all of my accounts, categories and budgets where up to date, I set up my Quicken Cloud account, then synced my file to the cloud. I logged my iOS devices into the Quicken app for iOS. All of my accounts, categories and budgets where correct and up to date. Therefore, I began to enter a few transactions via my iOS device then synced them back to the desktop.

4. Transactions to Payees AT&T and Walmart required edits to categories, "Mobile Phone" and "Home Supplies" were both changed to "Uncategorized" on the desktop and the file was "Synced to Mobile" again.

5. However, Quicken for Web retained the two incorrect original categories listed above and overrides the category data in the desktop app after another sync. Quicken for Web is forcing the Quicken Cloud data to accept its changes as permanent and overrides the desktop data. This error has rendered Quicken for Web useless to me! If I login Quicken for Web, it will immediately override Quicken Cloud with the incorrect categories.

The reason I chose this software was because of the three ways I could access my data. At this point I can only access it without error on my iOS devices and my Quicken Desktop. My plan was to access my file at work via Quicken on the Web. This is a big issue that needs to be fixed soon.

I spent two hours on the phone recently with one of your support agents. She was unable to solve the problem. She sought and received several troubleshooting trial and error steps from your higher tier support team without success.

Comments

• Hello @Casablanca,

Thank you for visiting the Community to post your issue, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

First, I would suggest updating your Quicken for Mac software to the latest release of Version 5.14.2. You can do this by going to Quicken>Check for Updates.  

Once you are up-to-date, I would then suggest performing a reset to your Quicken Cloud, following these steps:
    1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset
    I also recommend signing out of the Quicken Web Application as well as the Quicken Mobile Application before performing the reset.

If the issue persists, please take a look here for steps on deleting your Quicken Cloud Account and subsequently having Quicken create a new Cloud Account by going back to your original file and selecting Accounts>Sync to Mobile.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie 

• Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken _Natalie,

The steps you listed above have been tried and retried by myself and with QMac Tech Support. All without success. I cannot trust the Q on the Web version as it will change categories then override the QMac Desktop. This software package has not lived up to expectations. I'm very disappointed with its performance. I will continue using it in the hopes that the problem will be corrected before my subscription runs out. Otherwise, I will be in the market for a new service.
This discussion has been closed.