Why does Quicken R25.10 open with background logon screen for Quicken.com* ?

William Ahlstrom
William Ahlstrom Member ✭✭✭
Why does quicken build 27.1.25.10 open with log on for quicken.com?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.  Our Teams have been investigating this behavior and working to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. 

An internal fix has been made which should resolve the Quicken ID login screen appearing in the background when entering a Quicken data file password.

Our investigation determined that the root cause of this behavior was not due to the R25.10 product update, but was instead caused by a separate, internal server update that was released at the same time as the R25.10 update.

This conversation is being closed as resolved, but if you do continue to receive a prompt to sign into the Quicken ID, please start a new post to report it and let us know.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Jed Dolnick
    Jed Dolnick Member ✭✭
    I've never set up password access in Quicken. Since the latest update, I'm getting a blank password screen at every start-up. I can bypass it by closing it out. Is this a bug in the new update or something I need to change in settings, somewhere?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a title at the top left of the window. If so, what does it say?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jed Dolnick
    Jed Dolnick Member ✭✭
    "Enter Quicken ID Password". When I just tried it again, this time the box did fill-in, and I was able to sign in. When I relaunched, the dialog box didn't return. Maybe this was a one-time function after the update?
  • Herva
    Herva Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue right after I upgraded.
  • BJS1
    BJS1 Member ✭✭
    Cannot sign on after paying to renew software.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJS1 said:
    Cannot sign on after paying to renew software.
    Hi @BJS1 ,

Under Help in Quicken, click Check Membership Status.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• BJS1
    BJS1 Member ✭✭
    DO NOT see "Check membership status" My screen goes blank on startup.
  • I had to update to a new quicken membership plan which required a new updated install of quicken, however now i am unable to use it because it is subscription-based and requires a login. I have and know my login but the problem is when i launch quicken my data file opens, i enter my password, the data loads and i can see it for a couple seconds then the login screen appears for a flash and goes to a white area and there is nothing more i can do! I was using 2019 and able to X out of the online login feature and use the program but when my “membership” expired it had a huge yellow bar with red RENEW annoying letters-so I renewed and now i cant use it. I have been chatting and calling tech support and they cannot help me. Tonight alone i was on with tech support for two one-hour calls, they cant fix it! Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help! Thanks so much!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen

• thecreator
    Hi @""William Ahlstrom" ,

Because it is a New Release R25.10 and the Token, probably expired, causing you to Sign in again.

Review this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

• Ron Hersch
    Ron Hersch Member ✭✭
    Starting today, every-time I open quicken the Quicken account login page appears and then quickly disappears. This just started to happen this morning. What is going on?
  • William Ahlstrom
    If I just enter my password for my quicken data file, the quicken.com log on screen disappears. This log on screen for quicken.com does not need to appear every time I open quicken as quicken.com is readily available within quicken program. Please Fix.
  • thecreator
    Are you using the same password for both?

• William Ahlstrom
    No. I have never used the same password for both. This is the only update that has ever shown the quicken.com log on screen on opening of quicken. If I revert to previous version it does not occur. This version is serviceable but this is an annoyance on opening that is unnecessary.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Asks you to sign in with your Quicken ID every time you load your Quicken file.
  • sam28
    sam28 Member ✭✭
    Same issue after update 25.1
    Ask you to sign in with Quicken ID.
    When I click on Quicken program icon, quicken starts and brings up the normal "to open data file enter password" box. Now in the background though is another screen for Quicken ID login.
    You can open your quicken data file the same as before, but but every time i open the Windows Quicken program it does the same thing showing the Quicken ID login screen grayed out behind the "open data file box".
    Tried several fixes with support none worked, was told they would send to the update team.
    It obviously is a program update error that needs to be fixed.
  • thecreator
    Asks you to sign in with your Quicken ID every time you load your Quicken file.
    Hi @""Cris Williams" ,

Unless you are switching between two or more Data Files, I would suggest that you reinstall Quicken according to this procedure. Works just fine, as long as you don't skip a step:   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Having just one Data File, I closed and re-open Quicken and I see / saw no problems.

• thecreator
    DeMoro said:
    Updated to 25.1 this morning. Now, there is no option listed under tools to install bill-pay. When I downloaded there was a short message about other means to pay bills but I do not see any options listed in Quicken. Also, I received an email asking for a copy of a voided check, etc., to send to Quicken so that I could then install bill-pay.

What is going on here?????

Hi @DeMoro ,

Are you using Quicken Bill Pay? Have you checked Online Center?

If you want to enroll in Quicken Bill Pay, you will now find the option to Start Quicken Bill Pay through Add on Services.

• sam28
    sam28 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Ref update 25.1 version update sent 2-19-2020. "not the build #)
    This issue with the background web login screen happened after this update. I tried a lot of things with support, who were excellent, for 1hr. The last thing suggested was reinstall the program, but after an hour of "trying" fixes I was worn out "testing" maybe fixes.
    Since this just happened after the Quicken update 25.1, I don't want more trial and error attempts to fix an update that is the source of the problem it seems, since it just started after this update today 2-19-20 Windows Quicken Deluxe.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeMoro said:
    Updated to 25.1 this morning. Now, there is no option listed under tools to install bill-pay.
    Suggested to Admin/Mods to split this off to it's own topic -
    vs  piggyback here with every issue for R25.10

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a more serious problem with build 27.1.25.10. My mobile totals did not match those on the computer after cloud sync.
    Suggested to Admin/Mods to split this off to it's own topic -
    vs  piggyback every issue with R25.10

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dgilmore111
    dgilmore111 Member
    edited February 2020
    thank you so much for that, i tried everything in the article and nothing. Quicken support just gave up - said call Microsoft … to fix their program? there is nothing blocking
    :'(
    (Removed-Off-Topic)  this has been going on for 11 days now, every night it is an hour or two trying to fix this. :'(
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think this image is what is being described here. Note the window behind the data file password dialog. This happens every time I run Quicken. However, it doesn't cause me a problem. After entering the data file password, the back window automatically changes to the normal quicken window without requiring the sign in info.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ron Hersch @dgilmore111

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you haven't done so already, please try the steps listed below to sign out and sign back into the Quicken application.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. If you are unable to see your Edit > Preferences menu, continue to the next section. 
    2. Click Sign in as a different user.
    3. Type "yes" to confirm and click Sign Out.
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    5. Close and Reopen Quicken
    Upon reopening, are you presented with the blank sign in or are you able to use Quicken?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sam28
    sam28 Member ✭✭
    MH..,
    Yes the image you show is exactly the problem. And it just started with 25.1 update on 2/19/2020.
    Thank you
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If I just enter my password for my quicken data file, the quicken.com log on screen disappears.
    SO... as you and others later mentioned, but not originally - the Quicken User sigon screen appears in the background - BUT does not require you to actually enter anything...???  Wonder how this is presented with a Quicken file that doesn't have a data file password ?
    EDIT - updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Created a test data file without a password. It goes directly into the normal Quicken window.
    I don't know if the OP, or others, are being required to enter anything after the data file password, but I'm not.
  • thecreator
    I wonder, if it isn't a change in behavior for Users of the File Password. Instead of having a blank screen in the Background, it shows the web-page instead of your actual data. So it is more of a Security Feature, than a true Bug.

Users added a File Password to protect their Data and instead of showing their Data in the Background, Quicken is protecting the Users Data File, by hiding the actual information in the file, until the User enters the correct File Password.

It fits. Because without a File Password, the program loads the Data right away,

• sam28
    sam28 Member ✭✭
    Thank you all,
    I understand what you are saying. Wondering why this just started with the recent Windows update 25.1 version. Quicken needs to explain what's up.
  • sam28
    sam28 Member ✭✭
    PS, when you open quicken if you have your data file password protected the data would never show in the background, it was just a gray area, nothing else.
    The data would not load or show until your data file was entered.
This discussion has been closed.