Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I deactivate an account?

Sometime back I had to have my credit card replaced due to an unauthorized charge. Quicken shows me with 2 accounts now. I understand that I need to deactivate the old card account, but when I try, I'm advised that I can't because there are downloaded charges that must first be accepted into the account register. There are none that I can see. I suspect all was transferred to the new card number. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 1wilyrod
    1wilyrod Member
    I followed the steps in the article, but to no avail. All of the entries/transactions on this account are showing either "cleared or reconciled". In thinking about it, I may have manually moved some of the uncleared transactions over to the new account number. (thinking I was doing the right thing, of course, but not sure at this point). Since it's a credit card account, I was not too concerned that the balance was exactly correct.

I hope you have another suggestion. I've tried to reach Support numerous times. Don't get anything but a busy signal.

Anyway, I truly appreciate your efforts..............1wilyrod
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    1wilyrod said:
    I followed the steps in the article, but to no avail. All of the entries/transactions on this account are showing either "cleared or reconciled". In thinking about it, I may have manually moved some of the uncleared transactions over to the new account number. (thinking I was doing the right thing, of course, but not sure at this point). Since it's a credit card account, I was not too concerned that the balance was exactly correct.

I hope you have another suggestion. I've tried to reach Support numerous times. Don't get anything but a busy signal.

Anyway, I truly appreciate your efforts..............1wilyrod

I suggest you try contacting Quicken Support by chat?
This discussion has been closed.