Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Sign-in window disappears on my computer.

Reportedly Quicken 2019 Windows can be used on several computers in a household with different data files. My husband finally loaded Quicken on his computer; since then, I have not been able to get Quicken to open on my computer to open my data files. On two different calls to Quicken Support, I've now spent 10 hours trying to resolve.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What steps have you tried to resolve the problem? Have you tried just restarting your computer? Have you tried holding down the Control key while starting Quicken so a data file is not opened?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Really
    Really Member ✭✭
    Hi Greg the Geek. 1) In two separate sessions, I spent hours with Quicken support team. With them we looked at firewall, antivirus, uninstalling and reinstalling. They told me to contact Microsoft ...
    So on my own I reinstalled my Quicken from the CD. That brought it back to something I can access. Sort of. Now, when I go to the online center, or one-step update to, well, update my accounts, the sign in box goes away and I get a message that Quicken's online service is down, try again. I've gotten this for several days now. I've restarted my computer several times. Would be very grateful for suggestions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken

Please post the information here.
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    Am unable to run Quicken 2020 on my fairly new Lenovo laptop - Windows 10 - even though Quicken 2017 ran fine on it. The proilem is the Quicken sign-in screen disappears within 5 seconds after starting Quicken so I can never log in. Have spent probably 12 hours at least with Quicken tech Support over the past two months and have tried everything sugggested - along with "Greg the Greek's" suggestions above- removal/reinstall of the program, running the QcleanUI to remove all versions of Quicken, installing the Modo updtate, even purging the Registry of anything with the word Quicken in it prior to a clean reinstall. Norton Security has Quicken registered to allow it through the firewall.
    Quicken 2020 runs just fine on my desktop pc with Windows 10 with no tweaking and also running Norton Security. Quicken tech finally said to contact Microsoft -good luck with that. Shall we say this is rather maddening?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Have you tried booting your laptop into Safe Mode with Networking and then running Quicken.
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    I've tried that, and while in Windows 10 the correct boot option - Safe Mode with Networking - is picked, there's no internet connection after the system opens up.
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    The other problem is that when safe mode with networking is picked, there's a bug in Windows that prevents one's normal Windows password from being accepted. I got in as Administrator with no password, but maybe that's why there's no internet.
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    Quicken 2020 installs and run perfectly on my two Dell laptops. However, despite four hours on line with Microsoft tech support who reinstalled Windows 10, and then ran a Safe Mode check to verify no conflicting software, Quicken log-in window still failed to stay open more than 2 seconds. Lenovo drivers on this laptop all up to date, and hardware diagnostics showed no hardware issues. Lenovo tech support said I'd done everything they would have done and couldn't help. 38 years working with PC's and never hit a wall like this one.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @rjj077

Thank you for providing the details on all that you have tried so far.

If you haven't done so already, I would try creating a new admin.

For steps on creating a new admin please see the steps and information available here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    Tried that several days ago and it did not help. Just tried it again and it still doesn't not allow the sign-in screen to stay active so I can log in. Its up for about 2-5 seconds, then disappears. All steps suggested above and from the Quicken website fail to fix this.
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    Quicken 2020 was installed from the download .exe file after first uninstalling Quicken, running the QcleanUI utility, removing all traces of "Quicken" from the registry, and deactivating Norton Security during the install. Mondo patch was also installed. All to no avail.
  • Really
    Really Member ✭✭
    rjjo77, you tried creating a new admin, and that did not work?
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    FIXED!!! Finally able to fill out the sign-in screen thanks to db970's comments last year in the "new-install-sign-in-screen-flashes-then-disppears-q-mac" discussussion. He/she says:

"Seems like it was a web-redirect error of some sort for activation.
    Waited till sign in screen first appeared. had my mouse hovering over "turn Wif-fi Off" in tool bar and Quickly (VERY quickly...) turned off wifi and internet and before it re-directed login page stayed on screen. Filled in details, turned on internet again, submitted details and was able to successfully sign in and activate.
    Pulled my hair out for hours. Hope this helps someone."

The trick is to VERY QUICKLY turn off wifi as soon as the text introducting the sign in screen appears. It took me five tries to get this right. Then the sign in page can be filled out - but dont't submit , turn wifi back on first and then submit the page. Lastly, make sure you're referencing a good Quicken backup or data file. Thereafter, everything appears to work like it should.
    IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD TO MAKE THIS 2020 QUICKEN PROGRAM WORK
  • rjj077
    rjj077 Member
    Same probllem reoccurred and once again - cannot enter login info before data screen disappears despite using the method described above. Consequently, cannot run Qicken on this Lenovo laptop running Windows 10.
  • eghanson
    eghanson Member ✭✭
    rjj077, your fix worked for me. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.