Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I get rid of "you have cancel payment instructions to send ..." when I try to exit.

Comments

• Hank
    Hank Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Hank,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please provide if you are using Quicken Bill Pay or the Bank's bill pay.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Hank
    Hank Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Quicken Tyla,
    I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version R24.11 Build 27.1 .24.11
    I am using Quicken BillPay.
    An image of the error message is attached.
    No matter which of the choices in the error message I choose, there is no helpful result. When I choose "send", there are no "cancel payment" instructions in the sent message.
    I have tried the suggested fix of deleting repeating payments while holding down the control key, resulting in the repeating payment being deleted from my list of payments, but not changing what is in Quicken BillPay.
    The only way I can shut down Quicken is to shut down my computer and click "shut down all programs" when I get the "these programs are holding up shutdown" notice.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Hank

Thank you for providing more details and a screenshot of the issue.

I would remove the transactions while holding shift once more, then I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let me know if the error returns after completing this step.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.