Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot start quicken after crash

I tried to start quicken this morning. I got a message saying that it shut down unexpectedly. Now it won't start up. A few days ago I received a message on quicken saying my subsciption was about to expire. I don't want a subscription. I just want a simple quicken program like I'd had for decades. Did the expiring subscription cause my crash?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, your crash is unrelated. I would suggest rebooting if you have not already. If that does not resolve, you should uninstall then reinstall Quicken. Be sure to download the installer from quicken.com beforehand if you do not have the recent release.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • bobstine
    bobstine Member
    Hi GeoffG, reboot did not solve the problem. :-(

Hi Greg: I hesitate to load any cleaning utility in the midst of this problem.

Thanks to both for you help.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    QCleanUI will remove the current Quicken and allow you to install a fresh copy. No data will be removed.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following on to what Greg stated. Windows uninstall does not completely remove Quicken support files. If an installation is corrupt, these files can be the cause. Using the QCleanUI utility ensures every trace of the installation (not data files) is removed. Then a clean install should be assured.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • bobstine
    bobstine Member
    Thank you both.
This discussion has been closed.