Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is Quicken Corrupting my .QDF file?

I'm experiencing OL-220-A errors on Direct Connect updates from Fidelity Investments accounts. No other institutions are affected. Loading a recent backup .QDF file allows updates to occur without the error, but the error returns in a day or two.

I've created a test file containing only the four affected Fidelity accounts and this test file does not generate OL-220-A errors at any time using Direct Connect Updates.

Resetting the accounts and manual updates do not correct the problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have not mentioned a file validation. That would be the first step. File>File Operations>Validate. Depending on what the validation comes back with, you will need to perform a restore back until the errors and validation comes back clean.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • markj126
    markj126 Member
    Thank you. I tried this on a recently-corrupted file, and the file validation uncovered some old issues with other accounts, but did not have any findings or actions for the affected Fidelity accounts. The "validated" file still generates OL-220-A when updating from Fidelity. Loading a backup from last week allows updating without errors, but from recent experience, the corruption will return in a day or two. Any other ideas? I don't use the mobile version, so if cloud syncing is causing the problem I'd be happy to do without it if I knew how to shut it off...
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not using web/app instances, then you should turn off the cloud sync function. The setting is under OSU Update Settings.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • markj126
    markj126 Member
    Thanks. The two boxes were not checked, so I guess the problem does not reside there.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @markj126

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

A OL-220 error typically indicates that there is an error in the data being transmitted by the Financial Institution (Fidelity).

If you are still receiving this error, and haven't already, please contact Quicken Support for assistance with some advanced troubleshooting steps that should include a review of the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institution and the correct next steps to resolve.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah
  • markj126
    markj126 Member
    I'll try Quicken support again. Last time, they blamed Fidelity. Fidelity support had me create a test file with the four affected accounts, and this file updates normally.
This discussion has been closed.