Calendar issues

Ok, I appreciate that Quicken 2002 isn't cutting-edge any more, but the graph at the bottom of the Calendar screen is inaccurate. I've cleared all accounts (graph sets to zero) and added just the current account, still wrong. File / File Options / Validate hasn't cured it. Does anyone with a good memory have any ideas? Many thanks

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I really can't remember what the options were for the graph that appeared at the bottom of the calendar in Q 2002.  Today there's an option to show an "Account Balance" graph below the calendar - is that what you are looking at?

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    That's the one... a calendar, with a bar chart at the bottom, with the balance for each day being the height of the bar chart. Says I've got loads in the current account, when in fact I've got very little
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I understand what you are looking and even though you are working with Q 2002, that "view" is still available in my version (2017).  I am assuming that you have probably been using this view all along and it just recently changed, which is odd.

Is it just the "current account" that is wrong, or are all (or more) accounts also wrong.  If just the "current account" you should do a reconciliation of that account, as you may have a rouge entry somewhere (e.g. a deposit for $650.00 dollars was entered as $65,000.00).  If it is more than one or a couple of accounts whose balance is off, it would likely be something else.

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    Reconciliation confirms correct account balance. I've asked it to show a different account (looks correct), then switched back to the current account. Very odd
    Thanks for your help, anyway
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Old Quicken Patch downloads 2000+

When running an old, unsupported Quicken for Windows version you may no longer be able to download bug fixes (patch files) directly from Quicken.
    However, until further notice they are still available here:
    US version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Canadian version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatchescanadian.html
    If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show the highest Release number available for your version (year), as shown on this webpage, download and install the appropriate file(s) from the link above.

As far a trying to make sure that your Quicken data file is healthy, please try the following:
    Select File / File Operations / Copy to create a copy of your Quicken data file under a new file name.
    Open the copied file and run a Validate and see if that helps. Sometimes the Copy process can fix problems that Validate isn't programmed to look for ...
    If not, there isn't much that can be done.
    You might want to consider following this conversion procedure to upgrade your Quicken software for free to Quicken 2013 Deluxe:

http://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

This will position you to where it's a lot easier to upgrade from should you decide to purchase and install a newer version of Quicken on a new Windows 10 computer.
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    Thanks... You've all been very kind. I can't update to Quicken 2004 then to 2013 as the web page says that Quicken 2004 isn't compatible with Windows 10, and the patches are all for US or Canadian versions, and this is a UK version. I think I'll just have to live with the problem, as I think Quicken don't do a UK version any more.
    Thanks for your kind thoughts and consideration

Aardvark
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All is not lost, but you're getting pretty close ...
    There's a way to convert a Quicken UK version to Quicken 2013 US. Among other solutions previously discussed here in the Community, please read and review this recent article:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20055691#Comment_20055691
    Of course, it would be easier if you had a pre-Windows 10 computer to perform these conversion steps.
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    Thank you so much.
    Unfortunately, Quicken 2004 doesn't tolerate european files, so I fail at the first hurdle

Aardvark
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you miss the part about converting Q UK -> MS Money Sunset -> Q 2013 in the link I gave you yesterday?
    That's what works around the problem of "Quicken 2004 doesn't tolerate european files".
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    I tried MS Money Sunset edition, but that only cobverts 1 account, and I need about 20!

Giving up :(
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aardvark said:
    I tried MS Money Sunset edition, but that only cobverts 1 account, and I need about 20!

Giving up :(

Before you do that ...
    Try to create a QIF export file from your old Q 2002, all accounts, all transactions, everything and see if you can import that into a blank new file of either Money or Q 2004 or Q 2013.
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    Exporting from Quicken 2002 to a QIF file then importing gives an error "Invalid database" :(

Thanks for trying
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aardvark said:
    Exporting from Quicken 2002 to a QIF file then importing gives an error "Invalid database" :(

Thanks for trying

Which program did you try to import into? Money? Q 2004? Q 2013?
    And did you select the correct File / Import options?
    How big is the QIF file? If it's next to nothing, file export from Q 2002 didn't work.

• Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    380 Kb size, and wouldn't import into MS Money
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aardvark said:
    380 Kb size, and wouldn't import into MS Money

I would have expected a properly created QIF export file, with all accounts and transactions and everything else selected, to be in the order of several megabytes in size. Either you have some serious data file damage in your Q 2002 file or the export process didn't work correctly or both.
    I think, you're "up the creek without a paddle."
    Sorry, I wish I could have helped you.
    Maybe it's best if you start from scratch, as of 1/1/2020, with a brand new data file. And because you've been using an old UK version, I recommend you buy the Canadian version of Q Windows 2020, either Deluxe or Home & Business edition, depending on your needs. The Canadian version knows about the VAT tax system and it also knows how to spell "cheque" :smile:
  • Aardvark
    Aardvark Member
    Thanks very much... I think I can't but Quicken from the UK, but I'll research it further