Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

One step update for Fidelity Investment Regular checking accounts. Not listed on Checking accounts

For 15 years I have been able to one step update my Fidelity Investments Checking accounts. (CMA). It no longer updates, and when setting up a new checking account in Accounts, there is no option for Fidelity Checking. It only lists this as a "Brokerage" account, which of course doesn't track categories used for taxes at the end of the year. Neither Quicken support nor Fidelity Support have been able to help me. I use Quicken Premier 2019.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a web-site that you use to access your Fidelity Investments Checking account other than fidelity.com? According to the Fidelity Investments entry in FIDIR.TXT, BANKING is not supported.

07776 07776 07776 Fidelity Investments http://www.Fidelity.com (800) 544-7931 http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/disclaimer.shtml ACTIVE INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT       NOT_QBP NA

It's Fidelity Investments decision about what type of accounts they support for downloading.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's called a linked checking account.

This is from the Fidelity Cash Management FAQ page:

Quicken® recognizes a Fidelity® Cash Management Account as a checking account when you follow these steps:

1. From the Main Menu in Quicken, choose Tools > Accounts List.
    2. Select the investment account to which you'd like to add a linked checking account, then click the Edit button.
    3. On the General Information tab on the Account Details window, choose "yes" to "Show cash in a checking account." Quicken will prompt you to back up your data file.
    4. Once the backup is complete, the linked checking account is created in Quicken with the same name as your investment account, plus the suffix "Cash." Click the OK button to save your changes.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @[email protected] got it exactly right.
    I'm a Fidelity customer also.  Because Fidelity isn't a bank, they can't offer true checking accounts.
    Your LCA is, in reality, the cash portion of your taxable brokerage account.  You don't download into the LCA (because it doesn't exist in reality), but rather you download into the brokerage account and the cash transactions will be automaticallly moved to the LCA.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.