Does anyone know how to reestablish repeating online payments for an existing Mortgage account?

While working with Quicken Customer Support today, trying to eliminate some mortgage reminders with 3 different due dates, the technician had me delete my repeating mortgage payments from BOA.

To my surprise, the two Quicken reps that I have spoken with regarding this issue today have not been able to provide an answer for reestablishing the repeating payments using Q Premier 2020.

Any input would be appreciated!

Best Answers

Answers

• williamsplwilliamspl Member ✭✭
    I am running Q Windows Premier 2020 R24.11, but I do not see the option to "Make this a repeating online payment" on that screen.

Thanks for reaching out.
    Sherlock,

I do appreciate your assistance with this but I still do not have this resolved,

When I create just a new manual bill Reminder, I do see the "Use Online Bill Pay" as shown in the Help screen above.

However, with my Mortgage Loan account and I already have a reminder with multiple categories setup but I do not see the "Use Online Bill Pay" reference when I try to update the Mortgage Loan Reminder.

Your thoughts?
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Sherlock,

I do appreciate your assistance with this but I still do not have this resolved,

When I create just a new manual bill Reminder, I do see the "Use Online Bill Pay" as shown in the Help screen above.

However, with my Mortgage Loan account and I already have a reminder with multiple categories setup but I do not see the "Use Online Bill Pay" reference when I try to update the Mortgage Loan Reminder.

Your thoughts?
    If you haven't already, I suggest you open the register of the payment account you have set in the loan's payment reminder, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, and activate the online bill payment service of the register.  Then, edit the loan's payment reminder appropriately.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Thanks Sherlock!
    That was what I was missing. I appreciate your assistance.

I have some other issues with online Bills for this mortgage and other accounts but I will post them in another conversation.

I hope that Quicken reviews these posting to help educate their customer service personnel so we do not have to spend so much time on support calls with them.

Regards!
    Well, I spoke too soon.

While the Reminder entries were not duplicated after I started using the Q Repeating online payment, after I executed the transaction with the bank, I now have duplicate bank transaction entries for the same payment and I have lost all the expense categories in the loan details for this payment.

As suggested in another posting with a similar issue that I just saw, it was suggested to avoid this issue by having my bank trigger the repeating payment and only have a scheduled reminder on the quicken side, not using Q repeating payments option.

I believe I will try this and see if this improves the situation.

Any other suggestions are certainly welcome.
    edited January 26
    Well, I spoke too soon.

While the Reminder entries were not duplicated after I started using the Q Repeating online payment, after I executed the transaction with the bank, I now have duplicate bank transaction entries for the same payment and I have lost all the expense categories in the loan details for this payment.

As suggested in another posting with a similar issue that I just saw, it was suggested to avoid this issue by having my bank trigger the repeating payment and only have a scheduled reminder on the quicken side, not using Q repeating payments option.

I believe I will try this and see if this improves the situation.

Any other suggestions are certainly welcome.

The transaction entered using the loan's payment reminder should maintain the correct split and be matched to downloaded transaction.  The other entries you're referring to may be the online payment instructions.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Unfortunately in this case, the split details have been lost and I now have two transactions for the same mortgage payment causing my account to seem overdrawn.
    Any thoughts regarding how I can reestablish my split transaction details for these repeating mortgage loan payment going forward?
    Any thoughts regarding how I can reestablish my split transaction details for these repeating mortgage loan payment going forward?
    It sounds like you may not have canceled the original repeating online payment as you indicated in the original post.   The loan payment transaction should maintain the split details.   The downloaded payment transaction will not have the details and should be matched to the loan payment transaction.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Sherlock,

Looks like you are correct. I now have the repeating mortgage payment set up which creates a reminder with the category details.

But when I try to link this reminder to the online bill, it does not show this existing mortgage reminder.

So how do I link this mortgage reminder to the online bill?
    Sherlock,

Looks like you are correct. I now have the repeating mortgage payment set up which creates a reminder with the category details.

But when I try to link this reminder to the online bill, it does not show this existing mortgage reminder.

So how do I link this mortgage reminder to the online bill?
    If you mean link the loan's payment reminder to an Online Biller, I suggest you not bother.  Mortgages are fixed, regular payments. 

If you mean link the loan's payment reminder to an existing repeating online payment, we cannot do that.  

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10