Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Investment Transactions Repeatedly Downloading from Financial Institution

Since May of last year, Quicken has been repeatedly downloading the same transactions for my investment accounts. Quicken is not keeping track that they have already been downloaded — the same transaction ID will keep downloading over and over. It happens with multiple financial institutions, not just one. It will continue to download the same transactions over and over for the last date a batch of transactions happened. When my investment account has another batch of transactions that happen on a particular day, then it stops repeating the last batch, and then starts to repeat that day's transactions over and over. It downloads for new date repeatedly until the next time my account has another batch of transactions. I have spoken with Quicken support and they were unable to help me. We've tried deleting and re-adding the accounts multiple times and that hasn't helped. I'm on Quicken for Mac, Version 5.14.2 (Build 514.31850.100).

Comments

• Hello @csks,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Would you mind providing a few more details regarding this issue, such as the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken? Additionally, do you receive any error messages, or are you just receiving duplicate transactions?

Additionally, would you mind adding the "FITID" column to the Transactions view of this Investment Account? Are you seeing different FITID numbers assigned to the duplicate transactions, or are they identical numbers for both transactions?

Let us know so we can best assist!

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• csks
    csks Member
    Hi Natalie,

It's happened with T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans (one account) and D.A. Davidson & Co (two accounts). I do not receive error messages, just duplicate transactions. The FITID column is on for all my accounts, and they are identical numbers for both transactions. They download unlimited times until another day of transactions takes place on my account, then it starts again with the new transactions, repeating the same FITID over and over again. Somehow Quicken isn't figuring out that it's downloading the same thing over and over again.

I hope you can help. Thank you.
  • Hello @csks,

Thank you for following these steps and posting back in with the details of your findings.

Since the "FITID" column is displaying identical numbers, this is a software issue that needs to be escalated.

At this time, I will ask that you contact Support directly so that the proper data can be collected from you and an escalation of the issue be provided. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Random thought, is it possible that the FITID is so long (we've seen recent examples of this) that Q is only interpreting the 1st "so many" digits ... and that the uniqueness is in the trailing digits?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • csks
    csks Member
    That would make a whole lot of sense.
This discussion has been closed.