Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why does Transaction Password window keep popping up?

I recently set a transaction password for dates through 12.31.18 on my register so I can't screw up that part of the data file. Having no trouble manually entering current transactions to register, but when I attempt One Step Update from my bank, or sync to cloud on exiting file (actions that perhaps affect the entire file?), I get the transaction password pop up window, and just endlessly entering my password does not make it go away. I need to close the program with Task Manager. I have a transaction password set on another file as well, but never have this issue. Please advise.

Comments

• Hello Kristine,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with downloading your transactions into Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution(s) as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used. Additionally, do you receive any error messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie