unable to verify printer at system level

This discussion was created from comments split from: unable to verify printer at system level.

Comments

• woofer
    woofer Member
    I've been printing checks forever..... now I get that message....
  • Hello @woofer,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It appears that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• kdaw
    kdaw Member ✭✭
    I cannot produce or print a reconciliation report - error message Quicken cannot verify printer ... . Is there a workaround
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    kdaw said:
    I cannot produce or print a reconciliation report - error message Quicken cannot verify printer ... . Is there a workaround
    See it this helps:
    File -> File Operations -> Validate and Repair... -> select "Reset all Quicken printer settings" -> OK
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Grinde
    Grinde Member
    I getting same error as above. I was printing fine in June. I think there was a quicken update since that time. And a couple of Win 10 updates. Other applications are printing and scanning just fine.

I thought I would just export to PDF, but I guess your code requires a printer to be visible on the network to even open the printer setting or to select a PDF output.

Quicken gives the option to reset printer settings y/n or help. I have tried all three, restarted quicken and rebooted laptop. When I read through the help, it states cannot have the work "ON" in the printer name. My printer is a canON and printer's default name is "Canon xxxx Printer". I tried removing the "o" from canon, but that did solve anything. I cannot change the printer driver name from company Canon and I see no reason to re-install the printer drivers when they work from every other application.

What should I do now - buy another brand of print without "ON" in the name?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinde said:
    Quicken gives the option to reset printer settings y/n or help. I have tried all three, restarted quicken and rebooted laptop. When I read through the help, it states cannot have the work "ON" in the printer name. My printer is a canON and printer's default name is "Canon xxxx Printer". I tried removing the "o" from canon, but that did solve anything. I cannot change the printer driver name from company Canon and I see no reason to re-install the printer drivers when they work from every other application.

What should I do now - buy another brand of print without "ON" in the name?
    And the funny thing is that my printers, EpsON brand printers, work fine on my Windows 8.1, Quicken 2021 R 34.24 using this printer name in Quicken: EPSON Stylus CX4800 on USB001. Windows knows the printer as EPSON Stylus CX4800 Series.
    What version of Quicken are you using?
    And you're on Windows 10?
    How is this printer connected to the laptop? USB cable? Ethernet cable to the router? WiFi?

I believe the reference to the word ON in the printer name, "PrinterX on [portname]", dates back to old Windows versions.
    Delete one or more unused printer definitions
    Have you tried to delete the printer in Windows (unplug or power off printer first), then let Windows rediscover the printer (plug it in, power it on).
    Make sure that at least one of your printers is marked as Windows Default Printer ... doesn't have to be the one you want to use with Quicken, but you need at least one marked Default Printer
    In some of the newer versions of Windows 10 you may also need to do this:
    Go into Windows Settings or Control Panel, Printers & Scanners.
    Uncheck "Let Windows manage my default printer".