Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

USAA Visa transactions not downloading.

Brand new to quicken. Successfully linked product to several banks and brokerage accounts. However, while USAA accounts show transaction details, the Visa transactions are not downloading. This is not an issue with Chase Visa or CITI Visa. No idea as to who to resolve.

Best Answer

Answers

• jkspain1jkspain1 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. For now (until Quicken fixes this issue) you can use the "Web Connect" method of importing credit card transactions from USAA. Log into the USAA website, select the credit card account, on the right side of the screen about halfway down click on the link that says "Download Account Activity". After the QFX file downloads, make sure Quicken is running, and open the file. If this is the first time you have done this, Quicken might ask you to Link to existing accounts, the rest of the download should be straightforward. Good Luck.
  • beach10beach10 Member
    Just to clarify, you need to use web connect in Quicken to link to USAA to download the transaction in the appropriate format? You can't log directly into USAA and download the transaction file in the correct format?

Also, Quicken won't get confused having a direct connect and a web connection to the same bank?

It does should like this solves the problems, thanks much. But I don't want to hose up anything that is already working.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 29
    Hello @beach10 & @jkspain1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with downloading your USAA account(s) into Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used.

You can find this information by going to Tools>Account List:

Additionally, do you receive any error messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• beach10beach10 Member
    Hi,
    I am still am not able to download transaction data from USAA visa account conventionally nor with info provided by JKSspain1... though it fact, I am unable to follow the directions provided whether thru operator head space of lack of clarity... :-).

Here is information requested.

I am using most recent version of Quicken having just purchased online in the (it is not obvious to me where you find the exact release number as I do not see an about selection in the menu section.

Full name of institution is USAA Federal Savings Bank

Using Express Web Connect.

I am receiving no error messages on this account. If advised to, I could follow the directions to upgrade the connection to a direct connect. Other accounts, e.g, the savings account with this bank seems to update correctly. All other owned credit cards are reporting transaction data.

Not sure what other information that I can provide.

Thanks in advance.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @beach10

Thank you for the response and welcome to the Community!

To find the release and build number in Quicken for windows go to Help > About Quicken.

To change the connection type to direct connect, please see the steps and information available here.

USAA requires a different login for Direct Connect than what is used on the bank's website.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/eft_direct_download_options_main?akredirect=true

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka